Chapter 14; Foes and Friends

*the dress Isis would wear to the bonfire^

___________________________

ISIS :

It's around sunset and I've been wandering around the castle library. After showing Atlas around the temple and telling him the stories of my past, I came to the library to take my head off everything that's been going on.

I felt a little overwhelmed after being in a pack after all these decades but I have been catching up to everything. Right now, I am reading some random ancient books of the goddess, nothing I haven't read before.

But my thoughts soon get interrupted.

"Uh Alpha, the bonfire is starting. I thought you lost track of the time, " a voice speaks up with soft knocks on the door. I shut the book off and turn around to see the familiar brunette.

"How long till the moon's visible fully?" I ask and stand up to keep the book in its original spot.

"I think, 10 minutes past sunset, " Ellen smiles sheepishly.

"I'll be there in 15, tell Atlas I'll meet him at the temple directly, " I say and make my way to exit the room.

"Sure, Alpha, " Ellen nods.

"Hey, you can keep calling me Isis, " I smile at her softly. She smiles sheepishly again and replies positively.

"Let me know if you need anything, Isis, " she says and then walks off.

"Oh, Ellen wait, " I quickly call out. She makes no late and looks at me with confusion.

"Do you have any white dress?"

10 minutes later...

"I told you this would look pretty on you, your caramel skin suits perfectly with this, " Ellen grins.

"Fine, I'll be wearing this, " I groan, as she practically begged me to wear this. I won't lie saying it isn't a pretty dress. It kinda also fits the simple occasional of tonight.

"What will you do with your hair?" she asks curiously.

"I'm just going to brush it, " I shrug and grab my hairbrush.

I put on some mascara on my already long lashes and nude lipstick to finish my look but Ellen puts on some highlighter on me as well. I slip my feet into my white strap flats and then walk with Ellen towards the temple.

It was already dark, I suppose the moon was up. The second I step out and the moon hits my face, the hidden crescent on my forehead shines and glitters.

"Isis, your forehead..." Ellen slows down noticing the sudden light coming off me.

"Yeah, it's going to stay visible tonight, " I tell her, laughing lightly.

We both walk towards the bonfire which has already been lit. Pack members looked over at me and bowed their heads. Some gawked at my forehead too.

I must be looking stupid, the only one with a glowing head.

"No, you're not the only one with a glowing head, " Atlas chuckles and I turn to him. His forehead was also glowing bright yellow, like the sun but still looked white enough to be identified as a moon.

"I said that out loud?" I pout.

"Yes you did my love, " he chuckles and pecks my pout. "You look beautiful."

I kiss him back showing my appreciation. We both back away and Atlas stands on the higher steps of the temple.

"Attention please, " Atlas's voice booms all over the place and silence slowly takes its place among us. "Today is the night we show our gratitude to the Goddess. We fire this traditional bonfire dedicated to Her and feast on her name."