Chapter 18; A trip down the memory lane.

^you'll get it later
____________________________________

ISIS :

It's almost noon and today's the day I get finished with this meeting. We had a lovely time last night. After dinner, all of us including Jordan and Arlo's family went on a run. Sebastian's wolf got bigger and my wolf's bigger than Jordan's. Sebastian was nagging about this to him almost all night.

Eventually, we got tired and came back to the hotel. Altas and I fell asleep in no time.

It quite made me remind myself of my brother. The times when we used to go on runs together. He was my wall, the wall where I could always rely on.

-FLASHBACK-

"You have gotten quite stronger than before, flos, " he pants and fixes his silver-white hair as it flung in front of his eyes.

I smirk and put my sword aside. Panting for air, I push the random string of hair that was in front of my face behind my ear and then into my braid.

"Oh shush, I have not lost against you since I turned 92, " I chuckle. "Goddess this immortality seems so surreal."

"Well, you have been equipped to be the Queen since I could recollect, " he profoundly says. "I would have been anxious if you could not defeat me."

"You are the king. You must get stronger than me, " I stiffly tell him.

"And you are the to-be Queen, you will make an outstanding Queen, " he smirks at me and I roll my eyes.

"As I have said before, I do not wish to be crowned as the Queen and I might stick to this decision, " I reply stiffly.

"Oh stop blethering! The Goddess blessed you with more power than one could ever achieve," he snorts. "You are already considered the most powerful wolf of this bloodline. You'd be a prominent Alpha."

"Hah! I? Prominent?" I laugh humorously. "Frater meus, I apologize but do you truly not hear what people speak about me? An abomination. A black wolf among the royal Silver wolves. A cold-blooded monster. " (My brother)

"Do you not remember what father used to say?" He questions, his tone calm as ever. I stay silent in reply.

"Surely maybe all the royals of Midnight Silver always had Silver fur, even me, but that doesn't mean a black royal is an abomination, " he phrases the word of father. "Maybe you are not destined to rule over the Silver wolves."

"I'm not even white that I'd rule the Golden White wolves, " I reply humorously.

"Isis, black is not a color of antagonistic. It is a color of neutrality. It represents the unity of all hues.

"You have yet to meet your mate, perhaps some other royals would emerge by then, Who knows, " he shrugs. " What my focus is, father never regretted his decisions."

"And what did this black wolf cost him? Everything!" I snap and look at his silver eyes which are identical to mine. "Tell me, brother, am I truly worth all this pain and sacrifice?"

He slowly approaches and puts both of his hands on my shoulder.

"Every portion of it, " he smiles. "They knew your fate, they knew what you're capable of doing and what you would do for the survival of the wolves.

"Royals are not only the Queen and Kings of Alphas but also the protector of the supernatural. They protect and guide them to their refinement and I know you will be able to do this."