Chapter 4; Accepting mate.

ATLAS :

It's been 4 days since our mate left us. I feel like literal shit. My wolf has been restless as he wants to go back to his mate. We never want to let her go. Ever.

I've been drinking and spending my days in my office. I only got out to fuck around with Britney or other girls to help myself calm down. But it failed miserably.

I looked like hell but still flipped through some paperwork, trying to regain my focus while drowning on alcohol. Even though alcohol works very less on werewolves.

I feel pathetic.

Suddenly someone knocks at the doors. I groan as I've made it clear to everyone to not disturb me today.

Without checking via camera I growl, "GET THE FUCK AWAY !" causing the door bang louder.

"JESUS FUCK !" I drink the left whiskey i my glass and go towards the door. I will beat the shit out of them if it's about something unnecessary.

"I have clearly mentioned to n-" I cut off while seeing my beautiful mate standing in front. My wolf starts to jump in the mate pull while I keep staring at my beautiful mate.

"Are you gonna let me in or what?" She says in a neutral expression.

I stand aside letting her in and keep staring at her like a fool.

"You sure do look like shit." She says while sitting down on the couch but my wolf jumps inside me cheerfully.

I sigh at myself, not finding correct words to reply. She rolls her eyes at her while I mentally slap myself.

"How do you know about wolves?" I ask her as my wolf reminds me to. Yes, I lost my words completely.

"Long story short, I know many things," she replies and smiles in the end.

"Our mate is very beautiful," my wolf claims. Yes, but she left us. I felt my heart get heavy when I remembered it.

"Why did you leave us?" I ask trying to cover my emotions.

She stares at me for some seconds then replies, "I needed time to think. I've been running away from everything, maybe It's time for me to hold my ground now."

I didn't really understand her meaning behind her words but nod anyway.

A weird glow shines through her silver eyes but I shake it off, thinking it as myq hallucination.

"I will accept you as my mate but there are some rules that you'd have to abide by," she suddenly speaks up staring dead at my eyes.

I walk closer to her saying, "What are they? I will follow your every rule if that means to have you."

She rolls her eyes. "You won't control me and always treat me as your equal with respect. If not I won't hesitate to leave."

My chest tightens with the thought of her leaving. But I reply, "Always."

"And thirdly, I will not submit to you."

My wolf and I let out a growl as she denied to submit to us. But she growls back at us saying, "Do not growl at me, wolf !"

And immediately my wolf submits to her.

It's quite strange that I've never submitted to any other wolf except my father and now I'm submitting to a human who happens to be my mate.

Wolf or rabbit, I'll always love her.

I nod and stand on my knees to form eyelevel in front of her after getting close to her. She straightens up slowly as I put my hands above hers.