Chapter 9; The truth.

ATLAS :

Today was the last meeting to finalize the treaty. My wolf was whining and so was I on the inside. I missed mate. Her soft vanilla and berry scent had gotten too familiar with me.

It was the last day we were staying too even though Aiden offered to let me stay. I denied as I wanted to go close to mate today, take her in my arms and sleep.

It's kinda funny to me as I've never fallen asleep with anyone. But with her, it just feels right.

Werewolves were usually fast progressing with their relationships. Some would've gotten pregnant in a week or two. But I felt the need to give Isis time to adjust.

I respect her decisions and was willing to give her time. I will wait for her even if it killed my wolf. Metaphorically.

I pull myself from my thoughts and start to pack my stuff along with Isis's belongings. Not soon later Finn knocks.

"Finn, " I pause. "What's the update from the pack?"

"The random attacks have stopped after we left the territory. So everything seems fine for now, " Finn shrugs.

"Huh, weird, " I mumble to myself. My wolf started to act restless again. I shrug it off finishing the packing and go ahead to meet Alpha Aiden.

"So, do we finalize this treaty officially?" Aiden asks.

I rise up from my chair and put my hand forward, "We may." Aiden smiles politely, taking my hand.

A link from my pack disconnects and it continues to increase in number. I stand up from my chair again at force making it fall behind with force. My pack is being attacked.

I look towards Finn who's in the middle of mind-link.

"Our pack is being attacked. Hunter informed there were around a thousand vampires and wolves, " Finn states.

"I need to get back to my pack, they are without their Alpha now, " I say. My wolf scratched to take control of my body.

My pack was the largest and it contained around 3000 members. Even though a thousand rogues couldn't defeat them but it could do much damage. Especially since the Alpha isn't around.

I quickly get out of the house and Finn stops me, "Alpha! The guards linked, Luna is in the territory."

Shit. This is bad.

Without thinking twice I rip into my wolf. I let him take control as we ran in the direction of the territory. The only thing that went through our mind was, Protect mate.

I ran at my full speed and felt Finn way behind me following.

ISIS :

A few hours ago before the attack...

I felt extremely weird. There was this new feeling inside of me that I couldn't shake off. A feeling of something going wrong.

I get down for lunch and see everyone sitting on the island. Taking a seat beside Colt, I ask Nicole about the witch.

"About that... it seems like he has gotten a hint we are trying to track him. Black magic is something I usually stay away as it impures one's soul, so I performed a little black magic, " she sighs.

"Won't it make your soul impure?" Sebastian asks curiously.

"No, I'm immune to black magic, just like Isis is. We both have the same original witch blood in our system, " Nicole answers.

"Why aren't you a hybrid then?" Sebastian asks, gazing towards me.

"Well, Royal wolves were very dominant. And as an Alpha royal wolf, my wolf dominated over my witch side. Therefore me being a wolf with some of the witch's blessings, " I reply.