Chapter 7; Getting closer.

ATLAS : 

     It's been quite some time since I've seen Isis or Sebastian. I started to get worried wondering why she called him. Whatever it was, I decided to mind link Sebastian to know if they were okay.

"Sebas', " I mind link.

"Sup, we're fine if you're worried, " he replies fast and I relax.

"Where are you guys?" I ask.

"Just wandering around the pack borders, not so far though, " 

"Okay, it's almost lunch hours. Be back soon, "

"Aye aye captain, " Sebastian says as I cut off the link immediately. Annoying piece of chicken.

     After finishing some paperworks with Alpha Aiden, we walked outside the packhouse. 

"Your mother, Luna Carol, will come soon, " Aiden says.

"Remind me not. She's been bothering me to meet me for a long time now. I've been stalling and ignoring with excuses now, " I sigh. From the corner of the eye, I see Isis and Sebastian walk towards me.

"Hey baby, " I say smiling at Isis. Is it me or she looks happier.

"Hi, whatchu up to?" Isis says, standing beside me. I slide my hand around her waist and pull her closer, inhaling her scent. Gosh, her scent drives me crazy.

"Yeah this is enough lovey-dovey for my eyes, " Sebastian crinkles his nose and Isis chuckles. "Can we eat? I'm very hungry." 

"Yeah, it's almost lunch hour. Follow me, " Aiden says and walks towards their packhouse as we follow behind.

In two minutes of walking, Finn and Blaze runs towards us. "Alpha, " both of them say.

"Luna Carol has arrived and asked for your presence, " Finn says sheepishly. Oh goddess, why me. 

"Tell her we're about to have lunch, she can join if she wants, " Isis says before I could say something. I look at her for a second then to Finn and nod.

"Atlas, wow... you look like your father, " mom says sitting up from the chair as we enter the dining and I stiff.

"How are you?" I ask, my fingers still entwined with Isis's small ones.

"You would've known if you'd let me visit you, but anyway let's not dig the past, " she deeply sighs with arrogance. I decide not to reply and she glances at Isis who stared back, not bowing.

I will say Isis was fierce, not everyone succeeds in keeping their immobility in front of my mom. 

"Because she's our mate and she's a perfect Luna already, " my wolf howls. 

"I'm the previous Luna of Atlas's pack and his mother, Carol, " mom says, putting her hand forward.

Isis takes the hand in a second and introduces herself, "Isis Apollo, the future Luna of Atlas's pack and his mate." 

I smirk at my mate's boldness as mom's eyes widen. She turns to me and exclaims, "Why didn't you tell me?" 

I don't reply and motion Isis to sit down beside me. Mom looks at her in disgust after sniffing her. 

"She's a human, " mom says in disgust. "She cannot be an ideal Luna for you."

"She could be a rabbit and still be a Luna for this pack, " I reply fisting my hand. My wolf was scratching to get out for the disrespect my mate was getting.

"This is ridiculous, how can Goddess pair you with a leech!" She exclaims crinkling her nose.

Before I could reply, Isis knocks on the table softly. "If this needless conversation is over, can we proceed with the lunch?"