third party(9)

"Alucard where is Meabh?" Sir Integra stood up then crossed her arms. "Why in God's name is she not with you? Is there a reason you can't follow a simple command with her around?"

Alucard's chin pulled in towards his body, a little out, from indignation. Of course he could follow commands. This was not his fault! "My Master this is not to be blamed on me! She took off while you were calling me to return. The little monster has gone rogue hunting so do not turn this one on me..."

"You couldn't stop her in time?" Sir Hellsing scoffed. "How rather convenient and how impossible that sounds. No one or no thing is faster than you servant..."

"I was supposed to disobey a summoning from my Master to chase after a misbehaving pet?" he hissed.

"Miss McNamara is a Hellsing employee, not your pet..."

"You mean Ms. McNamara..." the vampire decided to drop a bit of confusion to the scene.

"Ms?" Integra inquired.

"Her husband has been missing for 18 months so is that still Ms. or Mrs?" Alucard tipped his chin this time to flash a smug smile with fangs showing.

"Alucard I don't care about a lesson in English honorifics but I do care that a potentially, damn good employee is seen not fit by you to keep safe," Sir Hellsing growled at the Elder Vampire.

"Then I will go to the last spot and begin hunting for her..."

"No. Meabh had a reason to do what she did," Integra replied. "She will return of her own free will."

"If she gets out of England she is not required to return, as her allegiance ends once she steps foot in Europe which would most likely, beFrance," Alucard hummed as he decided, if he was going to be in trouble and so was the half breed in turn. He fully expected she had run and if Iscariot found her, it would be the end of her, permanently.

"Go rest servant," was her final words.

Of course my Master," Alucard bowed.

On the third night since Meabh had disappeared, Sir Integra began to believe that Meabh had truly played her a fool. The young woman, head of Hellsing sighed tiredly then turned the light off in her office. Just as her hand reached the door knob, a voice spoke softly, "I wouldn't do that..."

Integra spun around to see Meabh caked in dried blood, with what appeared to be a skull in one hand and the other, steading a huge grey cat. The Hellsing boss swore the cat's purring, was a rumble, and not really truly purring.

"Wouldn't do what?" Integra coldly said.

"I wouldn't play you or anything like that," Meabh said quietly. "I have hunted this vampire, for three nights because he threatened to kill you."

Meabh set the skull on the desk. "I managed to preserve it with rubbing alcohol and incense from the church."

"The church?" Integra coughed. "You managed not to run into Iscariot's Father Anderson?"

"Mmm," Meabh nodded. "He never suspected there was such a thing as a Catholic half breed vampire, in the Church of Notre Dame, at 1:25 pm on a particularly sunny day..."

"And the cat?"

Meabh let the cat crawl up on her shoulders, "This is Morgan and he only eats hearts. I usually buy him Kobi beef hearts..."

"Your cat was in Paris?" Integra raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he might be the reason I am here too," Meabh shrugged her shoulders. "He can teleport me with him, like a Cheshire cat, of sorts..."