betrothed (19)

Draerin rode side by side, but words were not exchanged. The High Prince wanted the beauty and quiet of the nightlight ride on the Irish deer. The elf Prince noticed Lillui was admiring the world around her, but a sadness lingered in her eyes. He decided to speak softly to her.

"Maeviav, does the Vampire stress you that much?" he asked her.

Lillui-Maeviav paused before answering the sensitive question, "I will be unable to return once I am back in his clutches. I will get the Palantir as it is essential for you and your people..."

"If you were a monster, you would see no reason to return the Palantir," Draerin smiled slyly.

"If not, then I am tethered to the biggest one of all, and my father is no slouch either," she said as she turned her head towards the prince.

Draerin nodded his head," I will agree to that."

"Soon, I will need to leave Draerin," Lillui sighed tiredly. "The King is not a patient being when it comes to what he wants."

"Or desires..."Draerin replied. "Come just a little farther..."

The forest of flowering trees opened up to a lake in which the moon shone down to look like liquid silver. Blossoms were shedding their petals and floating on a soft breeze. Draerin walked over gracefully and lowered Maeviav to the ground. She pats the white elk's shoulder. "Such a handsome fellow he is."

"Then Paeris is yours to keep." Draerin took her left-hand fingers and gives a slight pull.

The couple paused for Draerin to remove a pack from his stage, Aerith. Lillui was curious as her sensitive nose could smell honey but something else, too. The prince placed a strap over his left shoulder. They strolled quietly to the edge of the lake. Lillui's eyes opened wide when Draerin began to remove his clothing. She had not been expecting to go 'skinny dipping Her eyes went back to him and down the elf prince was unpacking a bottle of wine and some honey cakes. Lillui has not had Elven honey cakes since her mother passed away at her age of almost eighteen.

Draerin knows exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it. He stood up to offer her a glass of honey wine, "I should imagine it has been since your mother was living that you have not had any of the Elven delicacies since your beautiful mother was murdered."

Lily, aka Maeviav, finished stripping her clothes then reached for the glass of sweet drink. The Norse are the closest to getting honey wine right to Elven. Draerin held a honey cake in his right-hand fingers and then proceeded to hold it in front of Maeviav's lips. He was several inches taller than her, which neither Lillui nor he missed. He cannot help his arrogance slip from him in the form of a smirk. She was tall for a human woman but short compared to a female Elf even.

"Not used to looking up, are you?" his expression turned to a smile.

"The King..." she sighed at the height comparison of 6 '0'' to his 6' 8" Alucard changed his height to 6 '6", added two more inches since being at Hellsing. Lillui figured he could change his body in several ways, so why would height not be the one? Alucard's form didn't mean anything; he just kept his current features as she found it desirable.

The odd couple stepped to the edge of the cool water. Draerin motioned with his head, silver blonde strands of hair shifted with his head toss. Lillui now remembered hair was a big thing with Elves, and they had a reputation for it. The No Life King would give these Elves a run for their money in the gorgeous hair department. The Dhampirica watched shooting stars (meteoroids) skim the atmosphere. The moon was full in this dimension, so of course, she thought of the dark prince and in his Alucard form enjoying the moonlight. She began to frown sadly.

"You are thinking of that monster again, aren't you?" Draerin asked while holding up a glass of honey wine.

Lillui now smiled and whispered," Thank you. Full moons are something Alucard finds beautiful."

"That creature is always tugging at your mind," Elf Prince said stoically. "You are not his nanny. He doesn't need you to take care of him."

"I know this consciously, but the subconscious believes that I help keep in check for being so destructive to human kin." she then swallowed some honey wine. "Besides, I swore an oath to him as a Dhampirica entering his territory. I am also bound to Sir Hellsing through Alucard ...."

Draerin placed a hand on her bare knee as the young-looking woman paused. "I am in a relationship with Sir Integra and made a promise to her."

"Aah, so a human has captured your heart," Draerin smirked. "They can be quite attractive in nature for a mortal. I then do not grieve for you. If it was the monster, then I would be most displeased."

"Why? Because Alucard cheated death and became what he is versus having been born, one already?" she pushed more.

"Well, yes, of course," ran his fingers in circles on her pale thigh. "You have vampire in you, but it does not govern you. Your mother taught you that you were not a monster but could be human, too."

"Is that why a part of me does want Alucard? He speaks the same language as my monstrous side?" Lillui finished the wine. "Or is the tragic prince that falls hard from grace?"

"What does your heart say?" he asked he, his eyes heavily focusing on hers.

"My mind says it's the monster, but my heart says it's the fallen black prince, and I want to change him...."

Draerin nodded his head gently. "Not the words I wished to hear, but it is the truth, and i can live with that."

"I never lie, so why start now?" her eyes went to watching the night sky.

"I have lived hundreds of years with a jaded heart, but when I answered your summons, I couldn't see my future life without you. I am enthralled and wish to make my declaration quite clear. " The Elf Prince held an Elven ring of promise.

"I can't, Draerin," she stated, matter of fact. "I made a promise to Aubri-Sir Hellsing."

"You and I live long lives, but Aubri is human and mortal, "his fingers lifted hers on the right side. "Say you will at least wear my token of affection."

"Of course, Draerin, I can agree to that..."

The silver blonde haired Prince slid the fae ring onto her right ring finger like the German knights of old. The two rose out of the water and dried off. Maeviav glanced once more at the dark silvery pools of water, but now inky blots of black also reside in the Elven Lake. Was it her shadows stolen from Alucard or Alucard was slowly beginning his invasion through his shadow meld? She now felt a greater need than ever to get back to Vampire King. Thanks to the Gods that she had Sir Integra to shelter her from the assault of Alucard's being.

Now it became the long ride back to face returning to Alucard or in this case Vladcard. Draerin showed the way to the boundary between the two worlds. The High Elf Prince rode up to a spot and his hand set down on a waist high carved white stone pillar. The side that faced the fae was carved with fairies and such. The side that faced earth had more demonic looking figures. It was quite clear which side was each.

The Elf Prince bowed to Lillui then gave her assistance getting on the back of Paeris. Lily noticed that there were backed bags along with her new Eleven weapons. She knew Alucard and as the Vampire King would not be so pleased. Then again, he was most likely to be unfriendly no matter what. With a shimmer of silver light and Lily was back in our world riding upon a member of the deer family that has been gone for ten thousand years.

Paeris began to run swiftly through an English forest and then burst out into a clearing. The back side of the Hellsing manor was now in view. The white Irish Elk, with blue eyes raised its head high and stepped regally up to the stable. Two grooms ran frantically over to take hold of the bridle.

"Stable him so he can run in the forest, too. Paeris is owned by the High Prince Elric, and utmost care is expected..." Lily kicked the ornate silver stirrups and then dropped to the ground silently. Her hands quickly untied her pouches and slung them over her shoulders. Now, the trick was to enter Hellsing and find Sir Integra before All Father discovers she has returned to Hellsing.

Integra entered her office to find a woman she knew that was dressed like an Elven princess. Lily tilted her head to give a slight nod," Aubri I have reMaeviavturned to you...we need to talk about All Father sadly."