taunting Werewolves (12)

The Dhampirica headed out towards a small village,named Torridon up in the Highlands of Scotland. The place was still much like it had been for two hundred years, just modernized with cars and lights. Meabh stopped at one of the pubs named the Stag's Head . (made up name for story). Her hair was tucked up in a cotton beanie and her coat is an oilskin duster. Black jeans and a fisherman's sweater are her ansombile for today. Meabh stamped her boots free of mud then found a pub chair to sit on.

"Afternoon lass,what will it be for ya?" the man working the bar, asked. He was curious as to why this lone, beautiful woman was doing here.

"An ale sir and if you have fish n chips that too," Meabh said with a heavy Irish accent.

The man turned and poured the dark colored beer. He rapped his knuckles on the kitchen order counter. It was coded to mean one fish and chips meal. The bartender slid the beer across the counter which Meabh grabbed in a blur of speed.

His eyebrows raised a little. He had a friend of his that doesn't have a mate. He decided to prod his new female customer a little.

As for Meabh, it seemed Alucard's had increased her speed to that of a weak vampire not superhuman anymore. Well if I had to get something from the Vampire King, speed was a good one, she thinks in her head.  The black shadow manipulation was frustrating to Meabh. The shadow tendrils most often had a 'mind' of their own. Even with practice, the Dhampirica would become frustrated quickly. Something else was slumbering inside her now and Meabh was unable to grasp what it was. Perhaps it's something to do with the shadow control?

The blonde sat with her eyes closed, to try and tune out the background noise, in her head due to her telepathy. It seemed as if the other customers were screaming in her head. Alucard had 'jacked' her telepathy up. She began breathing exercises which is kinda funny since she doesn't require breathing. Always have to appear human on the outside.

'That is not possible, little one...' a distant voice purred.

Meabh rubbed her temples to try to get rid of her Master. She opened her eyes again then began to chug the ale. She loudly tapped the bar counter with her empty pint glass. The bartender fills the glass once more. Then her food was ready and slid in front of her too.

'Do you think that food will sate you? Of the craving for a better meal...?'

Finally Meabh decided to answer her Master, Alucard. 'I do not desire your blood Vampire King. Buzz off out of my mind!' '

'Feeding on me, has made you hunger for vampire blood, in general. Go little huntress and eat your fill..." The first vampire chuckled.

'No, don't think so. There's not a vampire near here either..."

A deep chuckle now filled her head, "the fledgling is under your feet and senses us. Senses you and is in terror that you will feed on him. Go confirm his fears draga mea."

"No." came out of Meabh's clenched mouth.

"No lass?" the bartender asked. "No, what may I ask?"

Meabh sighed, "It's none of your concern..."

Now her nose picked up the scent of the fledgling. The 'baby' vampire was not appealing, as he was far too weak and lacking anything worth stealing. This one would taste like eating a raw hamburger.

"So where's a good place for hiking?" Meabh asked nicely.

"Plenty of places but you seem the type to want a different hike," the barkeeper whispered. "You like to investigate things. Are ya one of those supernatural seekers? Perhaps even a supposed hunter?"