present & future (26)

The wooded area of Hellsing manor didn't seem big, but once the two women began riding through the grove of forested trees, one could now see. Paeris' ears twitched every time when a few does race, across in front of him. He may be the prince of stags, but he was a stag, nonetheless. The pair of women reached a spot next to a babbling brook in which they dismounted to spend time together. Lillui unpacked Paeris only then to give him a swat on the thigh of his hind leg due to his height even to the Dhampirica.

Lily stood next to Integra and wrapped her arms around the young Knight and keeper of Hellsing secrets. Sir Hellsing took notice that her lover had been breathing more as of late, and there was a warmth to her body. The young blonde woman settled into Lily's arms but not before hesitation.

"My Master I will never think less of your power and your responsibilities," Lily responded in a whisper. "Let me take some of the strain from your world, and feel free to let your guard down, but even for a few minutes."

Integra sighed then closed her vivid blue eyes to just feel the unusual warmth of the day. Sir Hellsing had never realized how tense she stayed with her responsibilities. The sudden realization of what it meant, she would eventually be dead and gone but no heirs to pass the reins on with Alucard. Perhaps it was why the Dhampirica now plays such a powerful role in relation to the very Vampire King himself.

Lily placed a chaste kiss to Integra's left cheek," You have something on your mind of deep concern, and no, I am not reading your mind. I am still unable to do that. Only empathy, my Master ...."

"Empathy? You can read information from empathy?" Sir Hellsing asked with disbelief.

Lily let her Master and lover loose from her arms. "Yes, it goes with having psychometry, you see. I read the emotion left in an object. There are times I can not stand to be around some of the weapons and antiques, for I see the past from them. Remember the stone tablet that was a bookend for so long? Imagine all the rooms filled with weaker versions but still potent..."

Integra's blonde hair blowed on a soft breeze coming from the water near hand. "I hadn't thought of that. It must be a constant rush of visions. And with Alucard?"

"At first, but I will never tell him such things. He will deem it as amusement at best and mockery at worst to tease me endlessly...."

Sir Hellsing turned her heels to look at the forest about them. "He has been through a lot, so I give him a little leeway..."

"Because of his human past?!" Lily turned away from her lover now. This was looking to be their first fight as a couple.

"Do you think I have not suffered too? Did you ever fear your father constantly would find you and punish you? As for Vad, I do not do such things as he boasts about! You are mortal, and I am immortal with a bind forever when immortality is concerned. It is, but like blinking a few times for time, it is short to a human such as you but me.... There will never be any escape from him. Can your mind even fathom that concept of time? All the time in the universe, as you know it... with him."

Integra realized this must be terribly important as Lily was back to not using contractions. Her time at Hellsing had changed her speech pattern to use can't, doesn't , etc. Alucard had been the same, she was told, until the Second World War. It was a hint of the past and how some things were blaringly different to now. The Dhampirica even mentioned Alucard by his true first name. Her lover had been contemplating many things in the silence of the night as she had slept unaware of such deep thoughts.

"I had thought of the notion that you would take over his care when I am long gone..." Sir Hellsing said softly. "You and I have both known by words and actions that he will return to his evilness when I am no longer keeping him in check."