Chapter 3: "Damn, this looks good."

"This? Really?" Jay says with distaste as he looks down at his outfit

"This? Really?" Jay says with distaste as he looks down at his outfit. "Yes! You look perfect!" I say as I clap my hands with a satisfied smile on my face. "I swear you're the only one who thinks wearing a hoodie and jeans is perfect. Right Ace?" Jay asks as he looks at Ace who is lying down and playing with his toy next to my feet.

Ace looks up when he hears his name begin called, he looks at Jay before barking and going back to chewing the life out of his rubber toy. "It's just nice to see you in... normal clothes. A big change from your usual... bright costumes." I tease with a small nod, tilting my head slightly.

"I didn't even know I owned this hoodie." He mumbled. "I know. We found it after literally digging through your bright stack of costumes for a whole hour," I remind him with a small laugh. "Yeah yeah, whatever." He mumbles waving his hand dismissively.

"Now that you are ready, I will go take Ace for a walk before coming back and making dinner. Please, just don't burn down the house or any room." I tell him. "Sure, but don't count on it!" He says before making a peace sign with his fingers then walking out of his room and down to the living room, probably to play on his Xbox.

"Let's go for a walk, now shall we?" I say as I look down at my dog, Ace looks up at me and barks happily before getting up and running downstairs. I laugh and shake my head before walking out and rushing down the stairs and towards the front door where Ace is happily waiting for me.

I take his leash off the hook and attach it to his collar. "Jay I'm leaving!" I yell so that he can hear me. "Alright! Don't die on your way and come home alive and in one piece!" He says back and I roll my eyes. That's basically his way of saying 'Be careful'.

I open the door slightly shuddering due to the slightly cold autumn breeze. I walk out and close the door softly behind me before walking down my porch. I turn towards our 'new neighbours' house and I see that the moving truck is no longer there and most of the boxes that were in the yard aren't there anymore.

I look down at Ace who is practically dragging me to the footpath. I usually take Ace to Central Park or one of the dog parks close to our home, but today since I need to be home early to cook, I decide on just walking around the neighbourhood.

I walk on the footpath, passing by different houses that all look the same except for the various plants and flowers in the front yards. Ace is walking happily in front of me, his tail wagging and tongue hanging out.

"Indy!" I hear someone call behind me. I turn around and see Mrs Willow standing in her front yard, a watering can in her hand as she is looking at me with a smile. "Mrs Willow. Hi!" I smile as I make my way toward her house.

She smiles at me, before she spots Ace and her smile widens, if possible. "Ace. How is my little boy?" She coos at him and drops her watering can to the ground. She bends down and rubs Ace's head, causing him to bark happily.