Chapter 18: "Friends?"

I don't know how to feel

Should I be hurt? Mad? Angry? Heartbroken?

I don't know.

Austin hasn't even looked at me since what happened on Sunday. I don't know what's going on in his head. I don't know if he regrets it. I don't know if it was probably just a 'in a moment' thing or if he really wanted to kiss me.

I tired talking to him, but every time I did, he walked away or just pretend he didn't see me.

Austin: Sorry, something came up.

I read his text over and over again. It's the same thing he has been telling me all week. I finally shut my phone off and sigh before walking into the school parking lot. I see Austin getting on his bike and for a second, I want to stop him and ask him if everything was okay but I didn't, I just saw him drive of in the distance.

I sigh and shake my head. I told Paris and Alec to leave without me because I wanted to go to Macy's and have a good cup of coffee while I work on some homework. Jay had practice so I left the car behind for him.

As I am about to turn around and walk to the exit of the school, the clicking of heels stop me. I slowly turn back around and face Britney who is walking in my direction with a smirk on her face. I internally groan at what's going to come.

I don't know why she hates me. I mean I know she thinks I am 'stealing' Austin from her but why does she bother me so much? "Well, well, well. Indiana Wilson," she says as she finally is in front of me. "Britney," I mumble with a sigh.

"Well, things seem rough between you and Austin, huh?" She fake pouts.

I want coffee. I just want coffee.

"Britney, what do you want?" I ask, exhausted. "I told you. I want you to stay away from Austin. But I guess that's done already, since he doesn't even look at you anymore," she laughs and I slightly roll my eyes.

"Aw, is poor Indy heartbroken, again? Is she going to have another panic attack just because someone walked out on her? How pathetic." She laughed and my body stilled. "What?" I whisper.

"Poor you. Daddy walked out on you because he couldn't handle seeing your pathetic self every day, could he?" She fake pouted again and I felt my throat go dry. "How do you know?" I blurt out. "Oh honey, I know more things than you think. I know you aren't as strong as you try to show yourself to be. Because face it Indiana, your just a pathetic girl who has panic attacks because her dad walked out on her and her family. Your just a weak girl who can't even handle small memories and ends up breaking down because of it." She spits and I feel tears rise my eyes but I don't let it show.

I feel panic surfacing through me and I gulp. "Aw, are you going to cry now Indy? How sad, who are you going to go to this time? Jayden, Ryan or mommy? Or have they left you too?" She says before she chuckles and shakes her head at me. She looks at me once more before rolling her eyes, "Pathetic," she mumbles before turning around and walking away.