Chapter 38: "Shut up, you look at my brother the same way."

"Fruitloop," I hear my boyfriend say oh-so-sweetly and I look up from my phone at him and scrunch my nose as I shake my head

He scrunches his nose back, "Yeah, I didn't like that one either," he mumbles. "How about muffin?" Austin says, his eyes lighting up in excitement.

"Austin, baby, no," I laugh as I make a move to pull my legs away from where they are resting on his thighs. We had a subsite period and all of us in the class were on our phones or laptops, some even reading, or people like my boyfriend trying to find a 'cute' nickname for their girlfriends.

I had rested my legs on top of his thighs when he was leaning back in his chair when I had officially claimed him as my human leg rest while he scrolled through google for some very cringy couple nicknames.

Austin takes a hold of my feet before I can put them back on the ground and he pulls it back up, putting it in the position it was in. "Keep them there, munchkin," he says patting my leg. "Aus," I say as I laugh at the name.

"I liked that one, did you?" He asks. "Austin, babe you already have a ton of nicknames for me, you don't have to look for more," I say. "I don't," he whines. "Hmm let's see, Shorty, babe, baby, Indes, Indy," I say as my eyebrows raise up slightly. "Everyone calls you, Indy," he says stubbornly.

I swear sometimes Austin was like a stubborn child, but that doesn't mean I love him any less. In fact, sometimes I find it cute because seeing Austin be this childish was a rare sight that I got to see almost every day.

"We'll figure something out, hmm? Just not these cringy nicknames," I say and his jaw drops. "You think they are cringe?" He says. "Fruitloops isn't exactly cute is it?" I say with my lips playfully pursed.

"Yeah, you have a point," he mumbles as he places he crosses his arms on the desks and buries his face in them. I moved my chair closer to his, considering I was sitting sideways on my chair with my legs in his lap, it was a bit hard to move my chair without making too loud sounds that could possibly wake up our substitute teacher who was fast asleep in her chair.

Once I was close enough, I run my hand through his hair and I heard the muffled sound of his hum of approval when I did so. "Tired?" I ask. He noded, "I didn't sleep much last night."

"Why not?" I ask as my eyebrows furrowed. He turned his head and looked at me. "I missed you," he admitted. "Why didn't you call me then? Better yet, why didn't you come over?" I ask. "I didn't want to bother you," he says and I notice his ears are red.

I smile softly as I run my hand down from his hair and cup his jaw. "You never bother me," I say. "I mean we almost sleep and cuddle together every night, I thought you wanted a break," he mumbles.

I shake my head, "I missed you too last night, a lot. But even I thought you wanted a break," I say and he scoffs. "I don't want a break from you, ever," he says. "Well, next time either one of us miss each other, we call each other, okay?" I say and he nods.