Chapter 27: "What if I am here to stay?"

I have never seen Indy this pissed or angry at all for a matter of fact

I have never seen Indy this pissed or angry at all for a matter of fact. So seeing her glaring at me right now is scary and cute at the same time because she looks like an angry puppy.

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asks, crossing her arms in front of her chest, the glare not once leaving her face.

Getting straight to the point I see?

"Uh, I'm not ignoring you," I lie. She scoffs slightly and looks at me before her eyes soften. "Austin you keep ignoring me when something happens. Why don't you just talk to me?" She asks and I hear the hurt clear in my voice.

I sigh, "Indy... It's not that. Trust me it isn't you," I mentally bang my head for using such a fucking cliché line.

"Oh really? Because right now you really are making me feel like it's me because you have ignored me pretty much all day," she says. I set my lips in a straight line not saying anything. "I guess the date is cancelled then," she mumbles. "What?" I ask.

"I said, I guess the date is cancelled then," she repeats. My eyes widen but then again what was I expecting? "You aren't exactly talking to me, so I don't think you're going to like my presence around you," she shrugs and I can see the hurt on her face.

I open my mouth to say something only to close it back. She gives me a sad smile, "Bye Austin. Talk to me when you feel like it," she shrugs before turning around and I just stare like an idiot as she starts walking away.

"I'm fucked up," I start and she stops walking. She doesn't turn around, keeping her back towards me. "My life... It's fucked up. M-My dad was an alcoholic, he turned to alcohol after my sister passed away, my mom couldn't handle him and left. Nothing good has happened to me since Gwen died, until you," I let out, taking a shaky breath.

I see her body stiffen before she turns around looking at me with a soft expression. "You're not... effed up Austin," she says and my lips turn up at her attempt to not swear. "Just because your past was doesn't mean you are," she says softly.

"Indy... I'm insecure. I'm way too insecure when it comes to letting people in because I know they'll leave. And you don't deserve that. I can't drag my insecurities to you. I can't keep you waiting just because I haven't gotten over my insecurities and keep doubting you will stay," I say and she smiles.

"You aren't insecure. You just need reassurance. And I want to be your reassurance." she says walking towards me.

"What if I am here to stay?" she says, her voice so very soft as she stops in front of me. Her head tilted up to look at me because of how tall I am compared to her.

"What?" I ask, a bit confused and at a loss of words. "Has it ever occurred to you that I am here to stay? That I want to stay? That I'm meant to stay?" she asks.

No.

When I don't say anything she smiles as if she has the answer. "You haven't, have you?" She asks. "Austin this isn't one-sided," she says gesturing between us.