Chapter 17: "Can I kiss you?"

"Oh my god!" She laughs and points at the screen where some comedy movie she played is going on and I am just left looking at her in awe as the beautiful sounds of her laughter fill the room

"Oh my god!" She laughs and points at the screen where some comedy movie she played is going on and I am just left looking at her in awe as the beautiful sounds of her laughter fill the room. Everything about her just seems so gorgeous and beautiful.

I have come to a point where I know what I feel for her isn't just simply attraction. Zac says I have a 'crush' on her. So yes, I accept I have a damn crush on her.

God, I sound like a fucking middle school boy.

I have had crushes before, maybe one or two when we still back in Boston but never once since we moved here. And I am sure none of them were as strong as the one I have on her. Yes, I noticed things about the girl I probably was crushing on, but did I ever get nervous around them? Fuck, no. Did I ever forgot how to speak when they smiled or laughed? Hell, no.

She made me nervous as fuck around her and I forget how to talk around her because of the simplest actions. She makes me smile and laugh, something I haven't don't since Gwen passed away. She brought out the happy part in me. So yes, I fucking liked her and I admit I do, just not to her, yet.

And how can you not like her? I mean look at her, she has the purest heart, is so goddamn cute and kind and everything about her just in general seems so breathtaking and beautiful. Her innocent blue eyes, dark blonde curls that drive me crazy sometimes and I just wish I could run my hands in them and lets not even get started about her dimples.

I know she isn't perfect; hell, I have seen she isn't perfect and has demons of her own. And I guess that is just another thing that attracts me to her. I know she isn't perfect; I know her life isn't all easy and I know something must have happened for that slight sadness in her eyes to be present all the time. But everyone has their own demons to fight, hell even I do, I still can't accept what happened all those years ago, I am still in denial hoping one day she will come back home with her usual smile and I know it wouldn't make everything the same like it was, but it would just make it better.

My mom; she was my everything. The person I loved the most, the person who hugged me when I cried, the person who I talked to on my bad days, the person me and Gwen trusted more than anything in the world. She was the person I could count on. She helped me become what I was and probably am, until she left.

The day she left just added to how broken I already was since Gwen passed away. She shattered my already broken heart. Yet, I cant hate her for it.

After Gwen passed away my dad started drinking, it became bad, he became an alcoholic, coming home every night drunk as fuck that he couldn't walk on his on feet. There were days he wouldn't come home and we would find him asleep on Gwen's grave with a bottle of alcohol in his hands.

He was broken after Gwen passed away; everyone was. But he decided he would handle things differently. He chose alcohol to 'forget' I guess. My mom she handled him every night, just hoping that he would stop one day.