Chapter 4: "Who would've thought?"

"Who would've thought?" Jacob, Austin's dad chuckles

"Who would've thought?" Jacob, Austin's dad chuckles. I hear my mom chuckle from beside me, but my eyes remain on Austin. He isn't looking at me, he is looking at his plate, that is filled with food; courtesy to my mom as he plays around with his fork. 

My eyes continue moving around his face, memorized by his features. I want to see his eyes; his brownish hazel eyes that look so soft, yet so dark at the same time. His eyes... holds secrets and words. Words he probably never said swirl around his eyes, but you can't read them for some odd reason.

But he never lifts his eyes off his plate; and I don't get to see his eyes.

"Indy!" My mom's voice breaks me out of the trance I was in. "Y-Yes?" I say, my voice sounding dreamy. I clear my throat awkwardly before repeating my words in a more normal voice.

"I was asking you how come you never told me you were tutoring someone?" She asks. "Oh, it happened today, I was going to tell you." I say and she nods. When I saw Austin at my doorstep, with man who seemed to be in his mid-40's and looked very similar to Austin, I was shocked. Austin, even though his face was blank I saw how his eyes widened slightly and his eyes had surprise filled in them.

Believe it or not, Austin Reed happened to be my new neighbor. 

My mom and Jacob continue having conversation, and I look at Jay who is offering Ace some of his salad. "Jay!" I whisper-shout at him. He looks at me and smiles apologetically, while feeding Ace his salad thinking I can't see him doing that.

I sigh and shake my head at him. "The food is really amazing Isabelle." Jacob compliments. "Oh, all the credits go to Indy. She cooked all the food, while I was at work." My mom says looking at me with a smile. Jacob then compliments me, which leaves me blushing and I thank him.  

When I turn back to Austin, he is looking at me. His eyes move around my face, before lingering on what I think are my lips for a little longer. His eyes then meet mine, and I swear I saw his eye color soften slightly.

We continue having dinner, this time Austin nor I make eye contact or look at each other.

♡♡♡

"Thank you for inviting us over Isabelle, it was a pleasure." Jacob smile. "Well, thank you for coming over. It was great meeting you." My mom smiles and Jacob chuckles. "I am hoping to see you around more often Austin." My mom says, referring to me tutoring him.

Austin nodded, not saying anything. I see Jacob sigh at him. "Again, thank you for the lovely dinner Isabelle. Good nigh Isabelle, Indy." He says smiling at us. We smile back and wave to him and Austin.

My mom closes the door and looks at me with a smile. "Thank you so much for all your help today, I really appreciated it." Mom smiles tiredly. "It's no problem, you should go sleep, you haven't rested since you came from work." I say, slightly concerned about my mom.