Chapter 40: "We'll make it work."

"Will we be able to do it?" I whisper as I look up to Austin

"Will we be able to do it?" I whisper as I look up to Austin. "We have to, there is no fucking way I'm going let us break up," he says picking up my hand and kissing the back of it.

"It's 2,389 miles, Austin. We are going to be on two other ends of the country," I say as I glance to at my laptop screen, looking at the blue line that shows us how far away we are going to be for four or probably more years.

"I know, I fucking know, but we can't let go of our dreams for each other, that would be unfair to the both of us," he sighs and I nod. I sit on my bed and hug myself, gulping.

My eyes go to the pieces of paper on my bed. My acceptance letter to the University of Michigan and his to Stanford.

He kneels down in front of me and places his hands on his knees, "Look at me," he whispers. My eyes lift up to meet his coffee brown eyes and he brings his hand up, caressing my cheek. "We'll make it work, I promise we will. Fuck, I'll facetime every night, we'll text, we'll surprise visit each other, who knows, but we'll make it work okay?" He smiles softly.

"What if you get tired and can't facetime? What if it gets too tiring and exhausting to not see each other?" I ask. His thumb rubbing on my cheek soothes me, "You and I both know I can't fucking sleep to save my life unless I hear your voice and see your gorgeous face before sleeping," he says.

"There is going to be a time difference," I say and he slightly rolls his eyes. "It's gonna be what 3 hours? So, what? I'll just call you before you go to sleep and we'll stay on facetime till the next morning, the way we usually do, plus you fall asleep late most times anyway unless you're really tired," he says.

"We'll make it work, I promise. But it will only work if we both want it to, I know I want it to, but do you, Indy?" He asks and my eyes soften as I look at him.

"Of course I do," I say as I place my hand on his and he kisses my forehead.

"We'll make it work." I whisper to myself and he nods before we just hold each other in our arms.

♡♡♡

"Indy, you look fucking gorgeous," Paris says as her jaw drops. She looks me up and down causing me to giggle and blush.

"Thank you, you look gorgeous too," I tell her.

"I know," she flips her hair and I laugh.

Here we are all set and ready for prom. Senior year flew by so quick and now day after tomorrow we are graduating.

I turn in the mirror and smile to myself. The gown I was wearing was a pretty light blue and at the very end of the gown, it was a darker blue. It had this starry pattern all over it and fitted me snugly, highlighting all my curves. Since I was very short, the dress pooled around my feet, but nothing heels couldn't fix, with my silver heels on I had a good three or four inches added to my height.