Chapter 25: "Don't fucking touch her."

I close the door behind me walking into the house with a smile on my face

Austin Reed asked me out!

I hummed to myself as I walked into the kitchen. I see my mom putting the utensils back in the cabinets after drying them with the cloth in her hand. "Hey mom," I smile. "Hey, honey. You seem in a good mood," she notices glancing at me.

"That's because I am in one," I say and she laughs. "Mind telling me what has gotten you all chirpy?" She asks. "Well, I asked Austin if he and his dad want to join us for Thanksgiving dinner and he said yes," I smile.

"Well, that is great honey! What else has got you this happy?" She asks with a raised eyebrow and I bit my lip to hide my smile. "Austin may have asked me out on a date and to wear his jersey tonight," I shrug as if no big deal but my face is red and I am internally freaking out.

"AHHH!" My mom screams in happiness and Jay rushes into the kitchen. "What? Is everything alright?" Jay asks, his voice panicked. "Austin asked Indy out! And she is wearing his jersey to the game!" She squeals and Jay groans.

"I thought something happened!" He says before huffing and walking out. Just then the doorbell rings. "Indy, can you go check the door?" My mom asks and I nod.

I walk to the door and open it only for my eyes to widen at the person standing in front of me.

"Ryan!" I squeal before throwing my arms around him. "Why hello to you too," Ryan says wrapping his arms around me and slightly lifting me off the ground so I am pretty much shorter than everyone.

He places me down, "What are you doing here?" I ask. "We have a one week break for Thanksgiving so I came to surprise all of you," He says. I smile just as Jay enters the room.

"Ryan?" He asks, surprise evident in his voice. "Hey," Ryan smiles. Jay walks up to Ryan and they hug before doing their bro handshake thing. "What are you doing here?" Jay asks. "Thanksgiving break," he says as we walk into the house, Jay taking a hold of one of Ryan's bags.

My mom comes out of the kitchen and gasps when she sees Ryan. "Ryan!" She says rushing to him and hugging him. Ryan chuckles hugging mom back. "Hey mom," He says kissing her hair.

"Hey honey," she smiles pulling away and pulling his face down placing a kiss on his cheek.

"How long are you home for?" She asks. "Around a week," he says and my mom smiles.

♡♡♡

"Kids, I need to talk to you," We hear mom says as she steps into the living room and I notice how she sounds nervous. "Yes, mom?" We ask in unison and she takes a seat on the couch in between Jay and me.

"As you know, Thanksgiving is coming," she says and we nod. "Well I invited one of my... friends over for the dinner," she says. "Okay," Ryan nods his eyebrows furrowed. "Well uh boyfriend," she mumbles and all of our eyes go wide before Jay and I smile at each other.