Chapter 19: "I was on the phone."

"Fucking dammit

"Fucking dammit." I groan as I aggressively move my fingers on the game controller in my hands. I hear Zac snicker from beside me and I roll my eyes tiredly.

"What's up with you dude? You are always good, today you suck." Zac says with a smirk. "I slept late last night and woke up early for school." I mumble. "Why were you up late?" He asks with furrowed eyebrows, both our eyes still glued to the tv screen as we continued playing.

"I was on the phone." I answer and my cheeks turn pink and I thank God that Zac is too focused on trying to get kills or else he would have noticed and literary have a 'fan girl' moment. "With...?" He asks and I see his eyebrows slightly raise from the corner of my eyes before they furrow in concentration.

"Indy," I mumble and I feel him stiffen beside me. He pauses the game and removes his headphones. "Did I just hear you right? Did you say Indy?" He asks. "Yes." I admit, a bit shyly and he turns to me.

It's been around five days; I think, since I apologized to Indy at Macy's and we agreed to be friends. Ever since then we have been hanging out quiet a bit and talk around. Texting was frequent and sometimes... well we were slightly flirty. Other than that, most our tutoring sessions turned into us just talking for hours.

Today was Friday, and Indy had a therapy session to go to after school and I had practice anyway so we decided to cancel our tutoring session for today.

Last night though, I don't know how it happened but we ended up standing in front of our closed windows with the phone to our ears, talking till late in the night. Even after closing the curtains and lying in bed we talked about nothing and everything and it felt so nice just talking to her and hearing her laugh, I think I was smiling the whole time.

Around Indy, I become a whole new person and I would be lying if I said I didn't like it. She made me want to be open, she made me want to talk and I craved for her to just touch or look at me. It was the complete opposite of what I am, or was. I hated opening up, talking was something I hated and being touched? Fuck no, I hated people even looking at me.

"Oh my god! You, Austin Reed, were up all night talking on the phone with Indy who just so happens to be your crush!" He squeals and I roll my eyes taking of my very own headphones.

"Shut up." I grumble. "Oh, you shut up! This is such a big deal!" He says as he continues to 'fangirl'.

I roll my eyes before wearing my headphones again and unpausing the game causing Zac to gasp dramatically as he frantically looks around for his headphones and controller before I kill his character.

♡♡♡

"Alright so if you just have to add 18 and 7 here and you will find 'x' and then you divide it by 6 and get your final answer." She says and I nod. I do what she tells me to do before looking at her to see if the answers right.