Chapter 28: "My dad left a few years ago."

"Thank you so much," I smile at the old lady as we are about to exit the book café

"Thank you so much," I smile at the old lady as we are about to exit the book café. "Oh don't thank me. I should be thanking you. No one has come here in months and seeing a young couple come in after so long was so refreshing and lovely," she smiles and I grin back at her.

"I really liked it here, I'll be sure to recommend it around," I say and her simple widens causing her eyes to wrinkle slightly. "Oh, honey that would be great. May God bless both your young souls and may y'all stay together and in love forever," she says and I blush.

"Thank you," Austin and I mumble together, both our faces red.

I knew I'm in love with Austin. I know I have fallen and am still falling. But what about him? Is he anywhere close to falling? Or has he already fallen with me?

I don't want to fall only to never be caught, it's one of my biggests fears; to not have the love I feel for someone reciprocated. I just hope he is there with me when it happens.

I hope I don't end up with a broken heart.

Austin squeezes my hand bringing me out of my thoughts, I look up at him as we walk to where his car is parked, in front of the book café we were at for an hour. It was named 'Biscuits & Books' and had this whole vintage look to it which was a bit hard to find in the city.

The lady who was at the front desk was a sweetheart. There was no one at the café which surprised me since the place was so quiet and peaceful. If this would have been closer to school or home I would have probably walked here every day and just sit and have coffee.

Austin told me the café was almost 80 years old which made me look at the place in even more awe. I always wanted to go to a book café, because like the smell of coffee and books together? Uh, yes, please.

All the books in the massive bookshelves seemed old and the pages had turned slightly yellow. They had small notes in them from different readers which would probably make anyone smile and make their day if they saw it. Austin and I also added a few notes to a couple of books.

I loved the place and I really would love to come here again. "How was this place? Rate it out of 0 to 10, 0 being the worst and 10 being the best," Austin says as we stop in front of his beauty of a car.

"It was amazing! Like an 11 out of 10!" I squeal as Austin lifts me into my seat and helps me in. Since I am kind of really short Austin has to help me get into his tall car. "Really?" He asks as his hands remain on my hips and I smile down at him before nodding.

"Good to know, shorty. I can only hope you like the next place as much," he says before pecking my lips slightly making me blush. I turn in my seat and sit properly, buckling my seatbelt in and Austin closes the door before walking to his side and getting in.

"You ready?" He smiles as he turns the ignition on. "Yep!" I say and he smirks slightly before we drive off to our next destination.

♡♡♡