Chapter 33: "Good things only, I hope."

When Austin told me about his history with Britney, I was shocked to say at least

When Austin told me about his history with Britney, I was shocked to say at least. I knew they probably had something but it never occurred to me that it was that. Of course, it didn't bother me but it just left me slightly insecure for a second I guess. Because Britney was still Austin's first and people say most people who are each other's first have a special thing or something.

But after Austin assured me slightly, I felt slightly more relieved I suppose.

"Where do you think I'm taking you?" Austin asks breaking me out of my thoughts. "I don't know, but you seem to be going towards... Times Square?" I mumble as my eyebrows furrow.

Times Square was in the main city and we didn't exactly live close to it. He chuckles, his voice sounding distant over the noise of traffic around us and the motor of the bike. "Yeah, it's kind of in the city," he says and I nod as I place my head on his back, keeping my arms wrapped around him tightly.

Even though I had sat on his bike a lot, it still didn't make it any less scary though now I was more comfortable on it. I would still prefer my car or even his for the matter.

After a few minutes, I feel Austin's bike come to a stop and then his muscles flex underneath my cheek as he turns the keys, turning the bike off. I turn my head and look over his shoulder at the little cute diner he has parked in front of.

"Where are we?" I ask. "To the place that has the best coffee known to mankind," Austin says in a matter-of-fact tone. "No way, Macy's has the coffee," I argue. "As much as I would like to agree, baby, this place has coffee to die for," he brags and my heart flutters when he calls me 'baby'.

"Well baby, I think we both know I would die for any coffee, especially good coffee," I say and he chuckles, his body vibrating and I see his cheeks turn pink when I call him 'baby' and that causes me to smile.

"Well damn, I should be worried. Don't need you dying for every coffee you see now do we?" He says and I slightly roll my eyes even though I'm smiling. He lightly taps my hand indicating for me to remove them from around him. I do as told and he gets off his bike, removing his helmet and gloves before offering me a hand that I take before getting off his bike.

"So, what is this place?" I ask. "A diner. A diner that is very close to me," he mumbles the last part and I see a distant look pass on his face. My eyebrows furrow slightly and I feel him squeeze my hand before sighing and looking at me.

He looks at me before smiling slightly and bringing his free hand that isn't holding mine up and brushing a curl away from my face.

"A few years ago my mom had come to New York, for work purposes for a few weeks. She got me here with her, Gwen was doing fine at the time but my mom thought it would still be a good way for me to just get a break in a way. Gwen was so disappointed because she loved New York and always wanted to come here, but because of her treatment, she couldn't. I wanted to stay back with her but mom convinced me and we spent a few weeks here. This diner here was the place we came to every day for breakfast and dinner. My mom was also a caffeine addict like you and she loved the coffee here. So did I, because it sure is fucking amazing. After we moved here I came here a lot, it just made me feel close to my mom in a way. I haven't been here in a while and well, since you love coffee so much I thought I could bring you here," He says, the whole time there is a small sad smile on his face as if he is recalling all those memories.