0.5

By the next week Daisuke had made sure to break the news to the Yamada's, who'd been kind enough to help him out with groceries for the majority of his life, that he wouldn't be around the area in the near future.

"I'm planning on going to a prestigious high school." He'd lied to them with a smile as Mrs. Yamada wrapped her arms around him in relief and happiness.

He even visited Mrs. Saito. The sweet old woman who'd once watch him as his mother worked at the brothel when she was still alive.

He had to cut them off as soon as he could.

Yet as he sat on Koharu's couch, lecturing him about leaving school so sudden and how she knew he'd purposely only done enough of his school work to barely pass, he couldn't say goodbye to her just yet.

"So," His friend finally took a deep breath, calming down.

"What was so important you had to leave?"

Daisuke only felt like sinking deeper into the comfortable couch.
"Not much--"

"Daisuke!"

The boy didn't dare make eye contact with her.

"I had a-- I almost missed my... appointment."

He only felt her eyes narrow in suspicion.

He knew those bright eyes of hers could get him to crack and spill everything. And she probably knew that too. No matter how much of a great liar he was, there certainly wasn't some sort of way Koharu would find out.

"You don't want to tell me? Fine."

Daisuke felt terrible. But the fact that she knew nothing about his little 'side job,' was probably for the better.

"I just came for my backpa--"

"Oh no you don't!" she shouted, grabbing a magazine and rolling it up.

"I've got a bone to pick with you."

"What?"

"Stop using your quirk." she slapped the magazine into her hand threateningly.

"I'm not using--"

"Where are your glasses then?"

Daisuke paused.

That's right. He needed glasses without his quirk.

"I'm only using it so I don't need to renew my prescription and get new glasses." he tried to rationalize with her.

"Are you sure?" she warned.

"Yes, ma'am."

-.-.-

After finally convincing her about a couple things, Daisuke was able to relax.

"Where do you plan to go for high school?" Koharu asked as they ate lunch she'd so kindly prepared.

"I don't think I'm going." Daisuke truthfully told her.

"Why? Just because you have terrible grades doesn't mean you're stupid. Though I only call you stupid because you do stupid things."

Daisuke chuckled. "Thanks but I just don't think I'm able to handle school."

"You had good grades in grade school." she reminded him.