0.8

"Have you checked every surveillance camera?" Tsukauchi asked.

"Detective, we can't just ask the entire city to give us their footage." The chief replied.

"Why not?"

"There are laws--"

"--that you've continuously ignored in the past. What's stopping you now?"

Officers in the room looked down or away from the two.

"Detective--"

"Chief."

"SIR! Is the warrant still usable?" Sansa asked Tsukauchi.

Cheif went to reply, "Yes--"

"NO!" Tsukauchi looked away from the chief. "It's no longer relevant. It's been used once, we'll have to go back to the judge and get another warrant and go to the actual place this time."

"Yes, sir!"

* * *

Goto was tired. He was trying to make himself a bit of smoked barbecue ribs using the grill he'd stored a while ago. Trying anyways... As he waited he read through the letters Daisuke had written in case certain things happened. A lot of them were quite vague if one had no clue what he was writing about. But Goto understood each and everyone of them.

'Daisuke's final goodbye letter' as he called it, made him sob his eyes out. Not even making it past the first page without his tears getting in the way.

"Stupid brat." Goto wiped his tears away, the letter now long burned away.

"What brat?"

Goto looked up, immediately standing up. "What are you doing here? Gonna kick down my doors again?"

It was Tsukauchi and behind him were people waiting for his order.

"I apologize for what happened a couple nights ago." Tsukauchi took his hat off.

"But we have a warrant to search apartment number 12B." he held up the paper for Goto to look at.

"Well I don't know what you'll find there." he mumbled.

Tsukauchi wasn't able to hear what he'd said.

"Go ahead and look through the place." Goto sighed, sitting back down to tend to his smoked barbeque.

With a nod, a group of officers were sent up to the apartment with a forensics team close behind.

"I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind." Tsukauchi asked, standing near Goto.

"Shoot." Goto grumbled, poking around the coal and small fire.

"Who's the resident that last rented the place?"

"Can't say I remember." Goto told him.

"How long ago was it then?" Tsukauchi asked, writing the information down.

"About 13 years ago."

"So it's been empty for 13 years?"

Goto shook his head, "Didn't say that."

"You let someone stay there for free?" Tsukauchi stated more than asked.