3.8

A/N: The period/historical isekai's in all mediums are dictating my editing skills.

(To be clear I'm referring strictly to female leads)

----------

"A 15x15 piece of paper folded into a small notebook with multiple encrypted messages..." Daisuke couldn't help but awe at the masterpiece.

Shinomiya was a genius. Truly a master at perception. No matter how many times Daisuke brought the notebook to his nose or stared at it from across his room, he found new clues. Sure, the old man had offered to give him the answer, but Daisuke found the majority of his 3 years away from organized crime offered little to no mental stimulation. This would do for now.

Shinomiya-san had also given him a brief update on what happened to...well. Daisuke felt relieved to have heard she'd taken her promised portion of the money before the 2 years were up. He didn't bother ask anything further.

Daisuke was, however, surprised to hear Shinomiya had been keeping up with this mystery charity towards the previous client's families. Having even gone as far as giving them a warning of a final bag payment, just enough to get them started elsewhere.

Even as he sat in his room at noon, a split off portion of himself was sleeping in a motel, awaiting for a wakeup call to collect the goods, he felt the small strings he'd left loose all come together into a proper end. The last of his past tied off with a bow.

"Can't believe they were able to cut off this quirk–" Daisuke shuddered. "Secret Archives sure are a gold mine in hell..."

He most certainly didn't attempt to hack into government websites and infiltrate their precious government building that contained all of their files in one place deep underground with the only way to get to them was being granted access to certain floors individually.

Daisuke certainly didn't laugh maniacally to himself, alone on a floor for his voice to echo as he skimmed files labeled 'Quirk Lines Ended' when it caught his eyes and nearly caused his neck whiplash at how quick it turned.

Aizawa and Naomasa would disapprove. Of course, if there are no witnesses or evidence, there is no proof of 'him' ever setting a foot inside a high security building.

In his search, Daisuke saw a particular quirk that stood out most to him.

The lack of practice and experimentation the quirk, labeled as, fittingly enough, 'Split' made him feel uneasy. Most especially for tonight's, and any additional 24hrs after, mission.

"The longer their self is split the more likely they won't fuse back together. The splinter, the person split off the original, will begin to form their own separate being. This can cause a personality change to the original holder of the quirk..." Daisuke lazily recites.

He quickly mutters 'unlucky person,' folding the genius encryption back to a notebook and storing it away.

The doorbell rings.

"Going!" Daisuke voices, glancing at his watch, "Naomasa's early this time around."

He was going to repeat his conversation of 'the talk' with the detective. Hopefully it would be enough to make him run away as Aizawa did.

Sure, maybe Daisuke himself didn't need to physically go out there and mingle with the LOV. Sure, he's got a quirk that sounds quite risky for his particular situation. But if Daisuke was gonna use it to its full potential he was gonna need to be away from prying eyes.