It's hard being different

Yup, another chapter.

Idk why, I just keep getting inspired lately.

Maybe it's because my class is on lockdown again, but hey, who cares? More chapters that way, right?

~'0'~

And... Just as expected, training is hella gruelling for the Raimon members.

Countless of activities that seemingly have no meaning or benefit. Not only that, Kidou seemed to be trageting at certain players, making the situation all that more enraging than it already is.

On top of that, a certain brunet was feeling guilty. One, he didn't have the same training menu as the rest. And two, his was way easier.

While the others were sweating bullets, he only had a few droplets of sweat on his forehead. He did roughly half of what the others did, and when he finished, he even got to rest on the bench. Making the others rather jealous of him. And when it was near the end of training, he got to leave earlier than all of them.

By the end of everything, all of the teammates demanded an explanation. But Kidou didn't bother to say anything towards their protests. He simply walked off, leaving a bunch of furious and exhausted players on the field

"Kidou-san."

"Tenma? What are you doing here? I thought you already left."

"My second training menu that you gave me today seems easy enough for me to not be afraid of wasting time. Therefore, I would like to talk to you about today's training."

"What is there to say? I assume you're already aware as to why I'm doing this, aren't you?"

At that, the brunet stayed quiet for a bit. It's true that he already knows the reasoning behind Kidou's training menu, there always is. But even so, it didn't convince him that it's ok to start things off so harshly

"Yes, I'm aware of your true intentions behind this, Kidou-san. But, don't you think it's too much to start things off this way? They aren't used to this, not even Tsurugi, who used to be a Seed in the past!"

"Do you remember what I told you, when I first started training you, Tenma?" Said the adult as he looked firmly at the first year. Tenma himself, grew quiet at the question.

How could he ever forget what the strategist had told him, back when he couldn't keep up with his own training menu?

He remembers the exact phrase he had told him. Word by word

"You either train for real or you don't train at all. At this pace, you'll never catch up to the standards you require or need."

As the brunet said that, he felt his blood gradually running cold. He's aware that by saying the same exact statement, meant that he had no more room for arguments. And Kidou knew this himself.

He hummed in response while nodding his head, before saying his next phrase

"Anything else left to say, Tenma?"

"No... I'll go and do my menu now." Said the brunet before heading towards the gate. Though he was soon stopped by the strategist himself, before he could walk any further

"Wait, before you go out. Remember, don't say a word about my motive to your teammates."

As soon as he heard that, the said brunet was ready to protest. Unfortunately, he didn't even get a chance to do so, before he was cut off by the same adult

"I'll tell them myself when the time is right."

Tenma was nowhere near happy with that response, but, he also didn't bother to argue. Knowing that nothing would come out of it