After bolting out

Does anyone else ever fall down a rabbit hole of binge watching nostalgic series?

Cuz I have for a particular series!!!! TvT

~'0'~

By the riverbank, Tenma preoccupies himself with a soccer ball that he doesn't bother to wonder why it was there.

Though it's not like it helps him all that much.

While it does distract a fragment of his mind, it doesn't calm it down one bit.

However, on the bright side, nothing worse can happen to him in one day, right?

There's no way something else can happen to him that's going to make his day even worse than it already is.

Correct?

Well...

If only that's the case

"Hello there."

"Um, hello? Can I help you?" Asked Tenma, trying to sound polite as possible, even though he's kind of weirded out by the sudden approach of this pink haired girl

"You're Matsukaze Tenma, right?"

"Yes, I am."

"Well, there's someone who would like to talk to you. Do you perhaps have some time on your hand right now?"

"Yes, I do."

"Perfect! Please wait, while I go and get him."

"Ok?"

And with that, the braided haired girl walked off, leaving a very confused brunet on the field.

Who would want to talk to him right now?

Maybe a soccer fan?

But even then, fans usually approach the person they admire directly, so what was that all about?

'Well, I guess now I can only wait...' Thought Tenma as he kicked the ball around.

Although, for some reason, he feels rather uneasy.

Not sure why.

----

Well... This certainly isn't what he anticipated.

He was expecting some little kid or, at the most, someone of his age.

When that girl asked for him to meet someone, he wasn't anticipating to meet Gouenji Shuuya!

Or, actually...

The Holy emperor! Ishido Shuuji!

"So, what does his Holiness have to say to a junior kid like me?" Asked Tenma with such an evidently fake sweet tone that would almost be classified as sickening

"Do you realise what you are doing, Matsukaze Tenma?"

'Is he trying to provoke me?' Thought the brunet as a daring plan quickly came to his head

"I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, your Holy Highness. But, do let me reiterate that question of yours. Do you realise what you're doing, Gouenji-san?"

As expected, the adult doesn't show any evident emotion to that bombshell he just dropped. However, even with such a stoic face, Tenma can still detect worry in those sharp eyes.

To be fair, there isn't actually any change in Gouenji's eyes that would serve as a sign of surprise. But even then, something's about them is telling the brunet that he's got the adult somewhat cornered