They know

I've been waiting for this!

Plus, for whatever reason, I've been hit by a typhoon of inspiration, so this one is out a lot sooner than I anticipated.

~'0'~

"Shall we start by telling you how aware we are of your situation?" Suggested Kidou, seeing that Tenma is still hesitant to open up

"Please do."

"Long story short, we don't actually know much. All we really know is that you're going to the therapy wing of Inazuma hospital on a daily basis, which to us seemed weird, since therapy sessions usually aren't attended everyday."

"Mhm. And I assume that Yuuichi-san's kept you notified."

"Nii-san indeed did."

Letting out a small sigh, Tenma then asked

"How long have you known about this?"

"A few weeks now. At first we decided to just observe, in case at some point you stopped going there. But as time went on and nii-san still kept sending me updates, we realised that you're still going there every single day."

"And with that one time when you broke down in front of me, when you came to discuss about giving your teammates a chance to shine, it only spiked our worries even more."

With that, a heavy sigh left the Tenma's mouth, as he sat himself on the bench, looking down at the grass.

He couldn't believe he'd been so careless.

He was certain that no one had noticed anything. Either because he's too good at concealing or because the team's way too oblivious.

Either way, he thought he was doing a damn good job at keeping things under wraps.

But clearly, he underestimated his surroundings.

The adult and ace striker proceeded to do the same, sitting at either side of the brunet, which made Tenma tense up a bit at the sudden proximity of the two

'Get a grip, seriously.' Thought the brunet to himself

"Is that all?"

"Pretty much. I don't think we've left out anything."

"So the rest of the team still have no idea?"

"As far as we're concerned, they don't."

With that, Tenma finally lifted his head and glanced at the two people he had beside him, revealing his blank eyes that absolutely broke Kidou's and Tsurugi's hearts.

Neither of them have seen those metallic orbs this empty.

Sure, the coach has seen a handful of unexpected emotions from those eyes, but never had he seen them emotionless. And somehow, this state that they're currently in made his heart clench way worse than any other emotion he had ever seen in them.

Including the utter pain those orbs held during Tenma's emotional breakdown.

As for Tsurugi, one can only say that... He's taken aback.

Who would've ever thought that his usually composed and, rather, mature friend could ever show such emptiness.

An emptiness that somehow radiated loneliness, but also nothing at the same time.

The forward thought that after that one time when he made Yuuichi cry in the hospital, after he discovered his involvement with Fifth Sector, no one could ever make his heart clench and his stomach twist so badly ever again.