Storytelling pt. 2

To see how Tenma had it after the death of his brother ;)

~'0'~

"Not exactly something that a sibling would want to hear, is it?"

Tenma couldn't help but make a slight joke out of it, especially now that he's remembering how badly he bawled his eyes out back then.

As if crying could bring back the deceased.

Nonetheless, he made sure to not make too careless of a joke. Knowing that Tsurugi is here and how sensitive his friend is regarding the topic of older brothers, he decides it's better for him to somewhat restrain himself from pushing his joke too far.

Unless he wants to deal with a sudden outburst from his friend screaming at him for being insensible.

Little does he know that Tsurugi's too far gone to even possibly bother with something that minor. The ace striker is in no mindset to even pay attention to the somewhat darkly humored joke.

The exact same goes for the rest of the team

"There wasn't a funeral, nor was there any official statement that told the public about the untimely death. Whenever asked, it was always either brushed off or backed up with a hiatus excuse. Rumours then began spreading around, but they were never dealt with nor acknowledged by neither the organization or the parents. No one grieved for the deceased brother and much to the younger one's dismay, he was prohibited from grieving."

Prohibited from grieving.

An interesting choice of words.

It wasn't that the younger brother didn't want to grieve, but the matter of fact is that he wasn't allowed to. He wasn't allowed to pay respect nor cry for the one person he cared for.

His only loved one, and arguably, the single person who could be considered family, wasn't even given a burial.

How much would that kill someone on the inside?

"The parents feared his grieving would taint the family picture even more, not that it wasn't already tainted from their lack of interest whenever asked about their oldest child, of course. But, they were adamant about that and forced their child to hold back his tears. On top of that, they always made him play clueless, whenever asked about his brother"

As if the disgust for the parents couldn't mount any higher, Tenma went ahead and proved them wrong.

And even worse, the brunet still isn't done with his storytelling yet

"Now, since they've lost their talented oldest child, who was the main bringer of fame, they instantly turned their interest to the youngest child, who, by then had basically become an only child."

That...

Just hurts the soul.

The child that used to have a loving and supportive brother, suddenly lost his loved one due to manipulative adults and thus, no longer had a sibling and became an only child.

None of them could imagine how that would feel, especially Tsurugi, who firmly believes he would've gone insane had that happened to him

"They essentially applied all the same methods, strictness and abuse onto their only child. They made him enter in competitions, participate in interviews, make him wear a mask of fakeness all the time... And it wasn't long until the young one established a firm place for himself under the spotlight. The exact outcome his parents had hoped for."