Talking with Kidou

Yup!

Two chapters updated in a row!

~'0'~

"But... Why didn't the teachers do anything about the gossips?" Asked Ichino with a troubled expression

"I'm not sure. Maybe because they couldn't be bothered to interfere. But honestly, I personally think it's because the opinion that the students were voicing out every single time I got a question wrong is the exact same as the teacher's opinion. So, if they were voicing out essentially their own thoughts, then why bother stopping them?"

"That must've sucked." Commented Amagi with his fists pressed tight. He couldn't imagine the shame Tenma had to go through just because he answered a question wrong.

For god's sake! He was only a child!

"It did. But, works in teams were much worse."

"What do you mean?" Asked Aoyama as he couldn't imagine anything worse for a 6 year to go through

"When it came to working as a team, wether it was sports or assignments, I was usually depended on a lot. Because I had the intelligence and the talent of getting things done properly, I was basically that person who people would push duties on.

If an assignment was left for homework, I'd be the one who the teammates would plead to finish it for the whole team. If it was a match of one team against the other, I'd be counted on as captain and the one person who the others would always pass the ball to. Wether that is soccer, basketball, volleyball, etc.

Basically, if anything went wrong, it would mostly be on me. And I think you can imagine how it is to let someone down, let alone a whole team, including the teacher who's always expecting the absolute best, because you're always on top of the class."

After that whole revelation, the seniors were troubled. They initially thought that the more talent, the better. But now that they've heard Tenma's secret, they're incapable of really thinking about it the same way as before.

One could perhaps say that this is the perfect example of 'Too much of a good thing'.

And Tenma's like, what? 13 years old? A mere first year, yet he already has this much knowledge to share.

If this whole thing was shared by an adult, it probably would've been harder for the seniors to connect. But, the fact that this is said by a junior, it's much easier for the seniors to imagine themselves in that position.

Thus, now they're seeing talent in a completely different light

"I'm not saying talent and skill are bad, because they certainly aren't. It's just that, if I were you, I wouldn't be so fixated on gaining more talent so desperately, because at some point, it may hurt you deeply."

"But, then what do we do? We've been benched so many times now and it doesn't look like we'll be sent out to play anytime soon." Said Ichino for all of them, as they're all still frustrated with this fact

"How 'bout this? I'll talk to Kidou-san about this 'being benched issue' and I'll try to get him to let you play in upcoming matches."

"You'd do that for us?" Asked a baffled Aoyama.

Sure, they're teammates. But other than that, they're not even all that close to the brunet, so what's up with this generous offer of talking to the intimidating Kidou for them?

"Of course! We're teammates and we look out for eachother. Besides, I consider you guys as friends as well. Plus, if anyone's capable of talking to Kidou-san about a matter like this one, then you're looking at just the right person!"