I Had A Dream.

I lay in the coldness of the dark and hear nothing but the cries of the helpless, I cover my ears because I cannot stand their pain any longer, “Help me. Help me!They cry, but I try not to pay attention. I struggle to close my eyes because I can still see them in front of me. A body laying in a pool of blood, filled with bullet holes. Every hole was meant, meant to suffer and meant to kill.

The man with the gun counts to ten and gives his victim a headstart, 1-2-3─ the innocent runs, his only thoughts were of his mother, his sister, and his brother. He says a prayer, tears were flowing down his face, he falls and hits the ground, Get up young soldier, you were not born to be chased like a wild animal. He cannot breathe, his voice is gone! Silent as the sound of the gun fires at him, one in his back, bang! The man shoots, bang! He takes another shot, the soldier is down, he has fallen to the ground. His last memory was of his family.

He can see the face of his mother clearly now, she was waiting for him with open arms. He was no more than a soul out of pain, lifeless his body laid on the ground. I lay in bed in the coldness of the dark and hear nothing but the cries of the helpless, I should have called for help, I should have been the one to help him. He cried and cried but no one ever came to his aid, the man had left, but before he left he shot once more.

He shot the soldier in the back of his head, I try to make a change. I will not let another soldier die before my eyes, NEVER AGAIN.