Chapter 53

Prakriti P.O.V

Some days after Sanjay left the Virata Kingdom, Elder Brother called for me and Brother Krishna in the sabha for another council. I took a seat in the sabha while brother Krishna take a seat beside me. I looked at Elder Brother, he looked conflicted about something. "I have got news from Hastinapur, My uncle does not intend to return my kingdom to me. The man who should be as a father to us is like a thief instead. I fear there will be war. How else do two kshatriyas resolve their enmity? Will you both go to Hastinapur? To sue, one last time, for peace." he said it like it is last hope to stop the war. I do not intend to enter the Kingdom who does not know the meaning of humanity. I opened my mouth to deny going to Hastinapur when Brother Krishna put his hand on mine and squeezed it gently, I looked at him in confusion, he subtly shook his head "We will" he said quietly.

"We would be happy if this war is stopped by our one last effort, No one shall be more pleased than us if the kings of the earth give up their hubris and save themselves from death." I won't be very much pleased but I nodded because war means innocent people death. Even if Duryodhan accept to stop the war. I will find a way to punish him. He can escape from war but he can not escape from the nature.

Elder Brother looked at me "Duryodhan can not be trusted, there is no telling what he may do. And if anything were to happen to you..."

I smiled "He will most likely try to do something, And if they do, Brother, I will save you the trouble of a war. I will kill them all." I said simply. I saw the sadness in Elder Brother's eyes. He doesn't want the war to happen, he doesn't want to spill blood of his own family.

"Ah, Brother Yudhishtira, I can't fathom you. What weakness or strength makes you reach out again to these sinners with an offer of peace? For myself, I will tell you why I am going to Hastinapur. It is not that I believe there is any possibility of peace. No. I am going to tell the people of that city and the kings who have allied themselves to Duryodhana, about you. I want the world to realize how noble you are and how vile Duryodhan and his blind father. While we are away, cousin, prepare for war. And let war begin as soon as we return." Brother Krishna said with finality.

Elder Brother bent his head and said, "I leave our lives in your hands, You always know what is best for us."

After this, we left the sabha, Brother Krishna went other way while I walked to Uttara's chamber in hope to talk to her for a while when I bumped into Krishne, she looked angry as she pulled my hand in hers and took me to her chamber. I let her because I knew what she wanted to talk about, the look on her face, the tears in her eyes, they said it all. She knew me and Brother Krishna has to go to hastinapur to try one last time to stop the war. She also knew that we can succeed. We entered her chamber and she released my hand from her grip. "What happened Krishne?" I asked in calm voice. I know she is going to burst any second now. She wiped her tears which spilled on her cheeks.

"Vibha, you know everything that happened. I beg you, if you care at all for my honor, use no soft words with Duryodhana. Gentleness wins only good men, not fiends of hell. Hastinapur is a nest of demons; it must burn!" she said in fierceness.

"I want war, Vibha, a bloody war to avenge what I suffered on that terrible day and for thirteen years after. I want every Kaurava killed. The elders who sat by, not lifting a finger to help me when I begged them to, I want to see them dead! I know Arya Yudhishtira was always for peace, at whatever cost to himself and his family. If you love me at all, Vibha, if you ever felt sorry for what happened to me, make sure there is war between the Pandavas and the Kauravas. I must see my enemies lying dead on the field, as carrion for jackals and vultures." After she finished, she started sobbing, I raised my hand and wiped her remaining tears and pulled her in a hug. "Do not cry Krishne, I have not forgotten the promise I did to myself and to you that day. Dry your eyes, my dear, let me see your smile. The thirteen years of exile are over. I promise you, war shall be here" she broke the hug and smiled wanly at me.