Chapter 33

Arjuna P.O.V

I was deep inside the forest practicing on my skills, there was a small hole in the tree in front of me at a lone distance, it was my target, I aimed at the hole and shoot an arrow, it pierced the hole from the middle. I smiled and string another arrow to shoot in the same direction, just then I heard a scream from the west, I quickly ran in that direction and saw a wolf growling at the tree, suddenly a calmness surrounded me like a blanket, I ignore the feeling and focus on the danger in front of me. My eyes moved towards the tree and I saw a woman hanging on the tree branch screaming in fear. She was crying for help, I briskly string an arrow and shoot it in front of wild wolf to scare him, he turned his head at me and growled in my direction and then running back in the wild area of forest. I made my way towards the giant tree looking at the woman by raising my head upward. My eyes widened a little as I took her in, she was beautiful, there was no doubt about that but the question was what is she doing here at this place?

"You can come down now, it is safe here" I said in calm voice, she turned her head down and looked around for the wolf, heaving a sigh of relief when she saw the wolf nowhere around. "I c-can't, I don't know how to" she uttered in fear which made me chuckle, I have never saw fear on her face in my life but right now she is fearing from the height. I extended my arms forward "You can jump now" I said to which she shook her head. "I am afraid" she murmured, I sighed and took a deep breath "I won't let you fall, trust me" I said truthfully, I would never let her fall, never.

She loosened her grip from branch and fall down, I quickly caught her in my arms, tingles spread on my skin as I took her in my arms, it happens every time I touch her, a smile appeared on my face as I put her on the ground, "You can open your eyes, you are safe now" I said softly removing my arms from her waist, she slowly opened her eyes, brown iris looking into mine but I could still see green in them. "Thanks" she murmured breathless, my close proximity was affecting her which made me internally smile, she still get affected by me after all this years.

My Prakriti.

After the introduction, I walked her outside of the forest, there was a small house which she made for her. After taking my leave I went back home. In the whole journey I was thinking about Prakriti, why did she change her appearance into Manha, what is the purpose?

To know about it, I played along with her.

I can recognize my life any where, in any form and for that I don't even have to look at her, her being close to me is enough for me.

As time passed and my encounter with Manha became frequent, this made me understand that Prakriti is testing me that's why she is creating these situation. My innocent wife thinks that I can't see through her Maya but she is forgetting that I am connected to her by heart and soul and I will do any test she will put me through because in the end I know no one can separate us and put drift between us, not even my own Prakriti.

***

Manha made rice pudding for me as I sat waiting for the deliciousness made by my wife. She served the bowl full of pudding in front of me. I took a bite and savour the taste, closing my eyes, a moan escaped from my lips. "It is the best pudding in the world" I said truthfully and it was. She always made delicious food. She turned her head around and low sob came out of her mouth, I wanted to tell her the whole truth there but I stopped myself, it is her test and I will have to wait for her to disclose her identity to me on her own.

"Since the day I met you, I fell in love with you" she said making my eyes widened and my heart beat faster, I have fallen in love with her when I, myself didn't know the meaning of it. "I want to marry you" she said further, I stood up from the seat in surprise and looked at her with mixed emotions.I was flabbergasted when I heard her saying this. She want me to marry an unknown woman. At last I accepted the proposal and promised to marry her tomorrow, I could hear her sobs as I was walking away from the house, my heart was breaking, in that moment I just wanted to hold her and never let her go.