Chapter 39

Prakriti P.O.V

Fire started dancing on my fingertips as I stared at the scene in front of me. Krishne was on the ground, blood was dripping from the corner of her mouth where Keechaka kicked her. My hands wanted to rip him into pieces in front of everyone. I moved towards courtroom with fire in my eyes, suddenly the scenario changed and I was standing on the shore of Dwarka, Brother Krishna was sitting on a stone, his back was turned to me and he was staring at the large sea. My jaw clenched and I walked towards him "Why did you bring me here?" I asked, anger pouring from my body, he turned his head towards me and gave me his soft smile "Prakrite, you were about to expose yourself in front of everyone, I saved you from doing this mistake" he responded in calm voice. I gritted my teeth together "I don't care about my disguise, Keechaka touched her with his dirty hands and I am going to punish him" I retorted and turned around to walk away from there.

"Are you willingly going to let your exile be fruitless, are you ready to forget the time you have missed in your little warrior's life. Everything will be lost if you do this" he said from behind, I freeze in the spot, my anger diminishing a little, I turned around and looked at him. "Kauravas will win the war without even fighting, you will have to go in exile for twelve years again, Adharma will win, are you ready to put all of this on line just to satisfy your anger?" he questioned me without any emotions on his face. Fire which was dancing on my fingertips was settled in my veins again, I started to think logically putting my anger aside. "But I can't let Keechaka walk away with this sin!" I growled remembering the memory again. He gave a sigh and nodded his head "I am not saying that you have to leave him, just think before you do anything with anger" He responded, I nodded my head finally and gave him a small smile. He walked towards me pulled me in a hug "Just couple of days more and then Dharma will be establish in the Aryavarta" he said strongly. I broke the hug and looked at him in seriousness.

"Couple of days more" I responded in a low voice. 

I was back in the Virata city looking at Krishne crying face. "Virata King, look what happens to one who has sought refuge in your kingdom! I am a married woman and this animal means to ruin me. I have come to you for sanctuary" she wailed in front of Virata King, I wanted to help her and kill that person but I have to control myself.

He will die soon!

Virata King looked away from her plea, he turned his gaze down in shame "You saw him kick me, O king. I ask you for justice!" she cried again looking at everyone in the court room. Suddenly Keechaka started laughing "No one will come for your rescue" he said loudly and started cackling again. "Your gandharva husbands will know the injustice done to you and see it punished. Perhaps the time is not right that's why they didn't come for your help. Only fifteen days more and you will be free. Wait until then before you seek justice. Go now, go back to your room" Elder Brother told her, she turned her gaze towards him, anger shining in her eyes "Okay, I will wait for the justice" she scowled and she walked out of the sabha, her eyes met mine and she looked at me in anger as she passed by me. I turned around and stared at her retreating back in pain. Suddenly someone bumped into me "Move out of the way, Dasi" the voice growled, I raised my eyes to look at the person, my eyes started burning with anger as I stared at the person responsible for Krishne humiliation and her pain. His expression changed from irritation to approved in a second. "You are new here?" he asked raising his eyebrow looking at me in suggestive manner, I clenched my fist and put a fake smile on my face "Yes, my lord, I am maid of Princess Uttara" I responded trying to make my voice calm.

"I need a maid in my service as well, would you like to fill the position?" he asked raising his hand to touch my face, I quickly moved back and lowered my head, my eyes burning with fire that will kill him if I stared at him long enough. I shook my head still staring at the floor "My lord, you won't be needing any maid soon" I said already determining his future.