Chapter 17

Prakriti P.O.V

I gently stroke my hand in his hair, touching his small palm from my other hand. I have to leave today towards south but before that I want to say farewell to my son who is unaware of my journey right now. He slowly opened his brown eyes and looked at me, an innocent smile appeared on his face "Pranam, Mother" he said, I looked at him in adoration and continued stroking his hair "How did you sleep last night, my little warrior?" I asked, he looked at me pouting "I was waiting for you, so that you can sing me to sleep, but you didn't come" he said in low voice, my heart melting at the sight and I put my hand on his cheek "Son, I was busy in meeting last night, I am so sorry" I responded sadly, I wanted to be with him but duty calls and I know Draupadi took good care of him. He made a face and turned his head in another direction, I chuckled and brush his hair away from his forehead "That's why your Mother Draupadi was with you" I said, he turn his head back and nodded his head "Yes but she doesn't know rhymes like you do" he murmured innocently, I laughed and peck his cheek "I know but you will teach her, won't you?" I asked him, he quickly nodded his head "I will" he said enthusiastically, I smiled at his innocence then my face fell as I remembered that I have to disclose the news to him that I am going away for few days.

"Son, you are my little warrior, aren't you?" I asked him, he nodded his head briskly. "Will you take care of your Mother Draupadi and Elder Father while me and your father will be away for work" I said slowly, letting it sink in his head. He looked at me for a few seconds and then nodded his head "I am Warrior like my parents, I will do my responsibilities with full dedication" he said in serious tone, my eyes shining with tears as I looked at my son who understand the meaning of responsibility at this age, I pulled him in a hug, kissing his head "I am proud of you son" I replied, he broke the hug and looked at me innocently "But come back soon, I can't sleep without hearing your voice" he said which made me chuckle and I put my hand on his cheek nodding my head.

***

I was standing at the entrance, our army was ready to attack Magadha, Brother Krishna, Arya and Brother Bhima were ready. "You should take a part of army with you" Brother Bhima said smiling, I smiled back and shook my head "They will slow me down, I have to get back quickly" I responded, I will fly towards the outskirts of territory and meet their King, they knows about my arrival beforehand, I just have to go and represent my Kingdom, taking army with me will take more time and energy. Brother Krishna chuckled "Abhimanyu must have want her mother back soon" he said knowingly, I nodded my head and looked at Arya whose eyes were on me, I convey the message with my eyes for him to take care, he is going on a war against Magadha, I know he is capable to take care of himself but I worry for him and my family nonetheless, he slowly blinked his eyes and nodded his head. "Now you should go, Prakrite" Brother Krishna said putting his hand on my shoulder, I nodded my head and joined my hand in farewell and asking them to be safe in the war. Everyone nodded their head with smile. I moved backward a little closing my eyes and called the air power which consumed my very being and I soared towards the sky leaving my Kingdom and family behind.

First I went towards Virata Kingdom, I know the King of this Kingdom doesn't have allies and contacts with other Kingdom so I went there first, landing on the outskirt of Virata Nagari, this place is ruled by King Virata, I heard the King is Moral and fair with his subjects but the commander of this Kingdom is Adharmi and power hungry. I walked towards the entrance of city, two soldiers were assigned at the entrance with spear in their hand, they looked at me raising their eyebrows, I joined my hand in greeting gesture "Kindly tell your King that Indraprastha's General Secretary is here to meet him" I said politely, by hearing the name of our Kingdom, they quickly get out of their casual state and bowed their head in front of me. "Our apology, My Liege, we couldn't recognize you" one soldier said lowering his head while other looked at me joining his hand as well. I waved my hand, at first glance people doesn't recognize me and it's fine, they will soon after our Yagya, each and every Kingdom will know us. They both called other soldiers who respectfully lead me towards their Castle in their chariot. I looked around myself, people stopping their work and staring at me in awe and intrigued, I joined my hand in greeting gesture for them, even if they are not my people but they are respectful subjects and they deserved greetings as well, some of them joined their hand in return while other bowed their head in respect with smile on their face. King Virata was standing at the entrance of Castle with his soldiers, our chariot stopped in front of him, I get off from the vehicle and walked towards him, he joined his hand "Welcome, Princess Prakriti" he said with a smile, I joined and hands together and greeted him back, "Thanks for having me in your Kingdom" I politely responded.