Chapter 44

Prakriti P.O.V

"Its time, we should go back" I said, after Uttar collected the  mantles and jewels for Princess Uttara's dolls. Arya nodded his head "Ride home now, our mission is accomplished" he told Uttar who started chariot moving towards Virata city. I followed them behind. I could hear Kurus getting back their consciousness and Anga King shouted from behind for Arya to stop. I stopped my horse and Arya looked at me in confusion. I summoned my bow and launched arrows in their direction. I don't have to turn around to know that my work is done. My first arrow streaked at Prince Duryodhana and knocked the crown out of his head and my second arrow made its way towards Anga King and hit his bow sending it to the ground. Arya started chuckling and again we resumed my journey to city. In the middle of the journey Arya asked to stop the chariot. I stopped beside him, he gave me his bow and I nodded my head "Your cattle have gone home. Now send word back to the city that you vanquished the Kuru army by yourself. As for me, I must be Brihannala again and my wife will be in her disguised" he said to Uttar. Virata Prince turned his gaze at me in surprise again for the second time. "You live in Virata city as well?" he asked startled, I gave him a small smile "Prince Uttar, you know me very well, I am Manha at your sister service" I said, his eyes widened and he joined his hands "Great Prakriti was in our service, I apologize for me and my sister behavior in past year" he said bowing his head. I shook my head smiling "No, Prince, I was comfortable in your home in past year, you and your sister are very generous" I truthfully said, Princess Uttara is sweet and she never treated me ill and Prince Uttar do self praising some of the time but he is still a good kid. 

"But I can't take the credit of beating Kuru's by myself, How can I even dreamed of telling this lie?" he asked.

"Do it for us Uttar, Your father must not yet learn that we are in his city. When the time comes, in a day or two, he will know everything. Until then you must keep up the pretence" Arya said to Uttar. He looked reluctant to accept it. "Prince Uttar, just for two or three days then we will come out of hiding" I said trying to make him agree because we have to remain in disguised until Elder brother tell us to do otherwise. Finally he nodded his head and I sighed in relief, I turned my head to Arya and gave him a nod "I will see you in the city, Arya" I said, he moved his body towards me and peck me on the forehead "Okay, Prakriti, I will meet you there" he responded, I sighed and took a deep breath as his lips touched my forehead. With final nod, I turned myself around and went towards the forest where our weapons are hidden, I put Arya's bow back again until we come back together to get it, tying the cloth again in a bundle and hoisted it back into the sami tree. With the flick on my wrist, my appearance changed back into Manha again, I looked at the horse and patted his head "Thank you, my friend, you can go back to your owner now" I said raking my hand in his silky hair. He bowed his head at me, I backed away to look at him. His wings came out from his sides and he took a leap from the ground, flying towards his home. I smiled staring at the retreating form of the horse.

I will need that horse again soon.

I went back to the city towards Uttara's chamber. She wasn't in her chamber but I heard the news of Elder brother being back in the city with Virata King. They must in the court room then. I walked to the court room, Arya hasn't arrived in the city yet. As I entered in the room, I saw Virata King flinging pair of dice at Elder Brother's forehead, he cried out and clasped his brow, my eyes widened in anger and I quickly walked towards Elder Brother, Krishne ran forward with a bowl of water to stop the blood from dripping on the ground. But the mistake is done and Virata King will have the punishment. "For every drop of this man's blood that falls on the ground, your kingdom will go without rain for a year!" I growled standing in front of him. King turned his head at me and glared in my direction "You are General Secretary Prakriti's maid, not herself who are thinking to give me this curse" he snapped back. I laughed cruelly at him "You are not aware of what will be the condition of yours if  there is he who has sworn to kill anyone who spills Kanka's blood. If he sees the gambler bleeding, you shall not live to see another day" I responded. He scoffed and opened his mouth to respond to my words but before that a messenger ran in the court room and bowed his head "My lord, Prince Uttara Kumara has returned. I left him at the palace steps. He is on his way here and Brihannala is with him" he said, Arya is here, he will not spare Virata King if he saw Elder brother's condition. Elder Brother looked at me in panic, I sighed and nodded my head moving out of the room. I stopped Arya before he could enter the room, Uttar looked at me in confusion but I nodded my head for him to move in the room. "What happened nature, why did you stop me?" he asked in confusion.