Chapter 37

Prakriti P.O.V

Our family sat beside the lake to discuss the Agyatvasa because by today we have entered in the Agyatvasa period and Duryodhana spies must be searching for us. "We have to choose a kingdom in which we have to spend the next year and we must choose wisely. Arjuna and Prakriti, you have ranged these lands as none of us has. Tell us where to find a home for a year?" Elder Brother asked looking at us in expectation. I looked at Elder brother, answer on the tip of my tongue. "I have already think of a city where we can disguise ourselves for one year" I said, he looked surprised but nodded for me to speak further. "Virata in the Matsya kingdom is a fine city; and we must live in a city, where people abound and we can pass unnoticed. But you must decide, Elder Brother" I asked him.

"You have been there during the time of Rajsuya Yagya?" he asked further.

I nodded my head "I was there and King Virata is very humble King, he welcomed me with respect" I responded to him. "But wouldn't they recognize you?" Krishne asked in concern, I gave a soft smile to her "Nobody will know me because I will be taking my disguise as Manha" I answered her, its time now that my family know about the reality of Manha.

"Manha?" Brother Bheem voice entered in my ears. I sighed "Yes, Brother Bheem, Manha was me all along" I responded, everyone eyes widened except Arya who smiled at the conversation. "But how can you be Manha when you are Prakriti, sister" Nakula asked, confusion clearly written on his face. "I was my Maya" I said and recited the whole story to them why I disguised as Manha in the first place. At last, Brother Bheem chuckled and Krishne has a smile on her face. "You are lucky that you recognized her beforehand otherwise you were doomed brother" he said chuckling and put his arm around Arya's shoulder. "I can find her anywhere, in any form" he responded looking at me with so much love. I turned down my gaze feeling shy. 

"We shall go to Virata. I would have gladly chosen Dwaraka or Panchala; but those are where Duryodhana's spies will first look for us" Elder Brother agreed.

"In which disguise we will go there?" Brother Bheem asked looking around, we know very well that Arya will become Eunuch soon and I have my appearance as Manha. "Listen to what I propose for myself. I will go as a brahmana, calling myself Kanka. I do know something of the Vedas and the Vedanta. I will also show the king that I am a master of dice" Brother Yudhisthira proposed his idea. Arya eyes suddenly filled with tears "You have been King of the Earth, you are our lord, How will we see you serving someone else?" he asked, his face sadden, Elder Brother gently wiped one tear that fell from his eyes "I will be no king's courtier, Arjuna, Matsya king will take me for a companion" he responded.

"The Matsya king is sure to treat you with honor. I am content" Arya mollified as he listened to Elder Brother. Then Elder Brother eyes moved towards Brother Bheem "My disguise is the least of the worry, how will you contain your strength and your temper for twelve months?" he asked raising his eyebrow. I turned my stare at Brother Bheem, he sighed and unclenched his fist "Nothing will induce me to lose my temper. After these twelve years, no provocation will make me risk another exile" he responded with conviction in his voice, I believed him that he won't risk our family. 

"How do you intend to appear in the Matsya king's court?" Nakula questioned.

Brother Bheem started grinning at the question "You know that I love cooking almost as much as eating.I will go to Virata as Ballava, a great cook and ask him to let me have charge of his palace kitchen. I will tell him I am a wrestler, as well and offer to train the young men of his city. I am sure he will employ me" he responded, I furrowed my brows in confusion "Suppose he asked about your work experience?" I asked him. He gave a short laugh "I was the emperor Yudhishtira's cook in Indraprastha! I can furnish him with convincing details. I will say that since my lord Yudhishtira went into exile, I have been seeking another master as noble as him. And I heard the king of the Matsyas is such a man" he said that made me believe him, he has thought this through.