Chapter 47

Abhimanyu

I was polishing my dagger, finally I got released from Mother's work, she is too excited for the wedding just like everyone else. I am also excited to marry Uttara because I felt a connection with her when I first saw her, my heart started beating faster and my eyes searching for her. In two days our marriage will take place, all the arrangements are almost done. My other brothers have also arrived in Matsya Kingdom with Panchala King and his family. I saw my mother crying with Draupadi Ma as they hugged my siblings. Finally everyone is here now, after the marriage we will declare war against Uncle Duryodhana and his Kingdom. Father promised me that I will be first inline in the war to take revenge for the insult of my Draupadi mother. Just then a servant entered in my room, I raised my eyebrow and looked at him in question, he bowed his head "Prince, There is someone outside who want to meet you" he said, I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion, who can that be? my family doesn't need permission to enter in my chamber that means this person must be from outside of the family. I nodded my head in confirmation to let the person enter in my chamber. A woman entered in my chamber, I was more confused now, what is she doing here? Wait a second, I have seen her before. She was with Princess Uttara that day. I stood up from my seat and joined my hands, greeted her and she greeted me back with a nervous smile on her face.

"How may I help you, Miss?" I asked her in politeness.

"I have been searching for you for two hours now" she said, wiping the sweat from her forehead, I blinked in confusion, why was she searching for me, then my eyes zeroed on the scroll in her hand and realization dawn on my face. She is here as a messenger. "I apologize that you had to go through this much trouble to search for me" I said, she looked tired because our temporary home is outside of the Kingdom and it looked like she came here without anyone noticing. She shrugged her shoulder in response "Its fine, I am here to give you a message from Uttara" she said extending the scroll towards me. I forward my hand and took the scroll looking at it in surprise "What is it in here?" I murmured to myself but I guess I was loud because she heard it "I don't know, she told me to give this to Prince Abhimanyu" she responded, I nodded my head and gave her a smile in return. I will read the letter alone. "I should go now" she said and joined her hands together in fare well, I moved forward to walk her to the door.

"You are very polite, Prince Abhimanyu" she told me before she walked away around the corner. A smile appear on my face and I went into my chamber, the scroll was still in my hand. I took a deep breath, why I am feeling nervous all of a sudden, I got so many love letters in Dwarka but I was too busy to respond to any of them because there was only one thought in my mind and that was to help my family to provide justice. But right now as I hold the scroll in my hand, there is a feeling erupted in my stomach, I can't point out the feeling, is it excitement?

I slowly opened the letter and read the content, my eyes widened as I read further, my fist clenched around the letter as I completely read it. Scroll slipped out of my hand and I stared at the wall in shock. Her words still ringing in my head. Slowly I sat on the bed and put my hands on my head.

Why is this happening?

 I liked only one girl in my entire life, she was supposed to marry me in two days and now this. I took a long breath to control the emotion turmoil inside my head. 

She doesn't want to marry me!

She is in love with someone else!

She want to call off this wedding!

My heart belonged to her and she broke it in a moment, my chest started hurting remembering her words in the scroll, she loved someone else then why did she agree to marry me in the first place. She should have denied it to save both of us from the hustle and me from the heart break. What should I do now? I have to tell Uncle Krishna and my mother about it. I sighed, my mother was so happy about this wedding. She got this moment of happiness after so many years. Now I am going to break her heart by this news.