Chapter 7

Prakriti P.O.V

I walked back to my family, I stopped before showing myself to them, Mother was crying sitting on the stone, Pandavas looked tense and I looked at Arya, he was fighting back tears. I slowly moved myself towards Mother standing in front of her. "Mother" I said in low voice, she jerked her head upward and her eyes widened, tears running down her cheeks, I felt pain erupting in my heart seeing my Mother crying in front of me. She quickly stood up "Prakriti" she whispered, before she could say anything, I pushed myself and touched her feet, my eyes welling up with tears "Mother, forgive me for disrespecting you" I said as a tear slide down from my eye dropping on her foot. She pulled me in standing position and gave me a watery smile. "It was not your fault" she said pulling me into hug and crying on my shoulder. I broke the hug and looked at her ashamed "Still, I didn't stop when you asked me to" I said, she wiped my tears and put her hand on my head "I am not angry at you" she said reassuring me.

Then my eyes met Arya who was looking at me in pain. I walked towards him and stood in front of him "Prakriti, this is all my fault" he said, his voice breaking. I shook my head "No Arya, it was never your fault, it was all fate" I said calmly, he clenched his hand into fist "But still, I should have fought harder" he said wincing, I gave him a small smile "Everything happen for a reason".

"I broke my promise that I made to you" he said closing his eyes in grief. I smiled and shook my head "Will your love for me diminish after marrying Princess Draupadi?" I questioned him, he frowned and quickly shook his head "My love will only increase for you" he responded that put a smile on my face. "Then your promise is not broken" I said calmly. 

"Where is Princess Draupadi?" I asked looking around, nobody responded, they all looked upset. "King Drupada took her back to the city" Mother answered in despair. 

"We have to get her back, we can not destroy her life like that" I said, living with her father after the Swayamvar will give her only shame and criticism. 

"She decided to marry all of us" Brother Yudhishthira said looking troubled, I turned my gaze towards him "She made a decision to save all of us" I stated, everyone looked shocked at my statement. "But this is wrong" Brother Bhima said standing in front of me looking stunned.

"She is right, Pandu sons" A voice said from behind, we looked at the figure who was coming towards us. "Greetings, Maharishi Vyasa" Mother said joining her hands together and bowing her head, we all greeted him by joining our hands. He is beacon of hope in our time of darkness, I know he will make my family understand that Draupadi decision is right and it is the only option for the benefit towards the people of Aryavarta. Brother Yudhishthira moved towards him and joined his hand together "You are great theologian, help us in this condition, what should we do?" he asked helplessly, Maharishi gave him a small smile "In situation like this, it is very important to calm your heart first".

***

"Daughter, you should go to Panchala's Princess, your presence is needed there" Maharishi said looking at me. I nodded my head and took my departure, I believe in him that he will help us with knowledge to make pandavas understand the dharma. Now I have to calm Draupadi's heart as well, she must have been disoriented right now. I flew to Kampilya towards their Castle, away from the prying eyes looking for Draupadi's chamber. She was sitting on the bed looking at the wall distantly, I entered in her chamber and stand in front of her, she turned her head towards me and her eyes shined with tears in them. She pulled herself in standing position, "Draupadi" I said, her lips quivered and she started crying "I never wanted to hurt you or anyone" she sniffed, tears running down her cheeks, I sighed and wiped her tears pulling her in a hug, patting her back in reassurance. "You didn't hurt anyone" I responded breaking the hug and looking into her eyes trying to convey her the message.