Chapter 6

Prakriti P.O.V

We walked in the forest searching our ways to go to our destination where father and Mother memories resides. I looked at Mother, she looked tired, sweat was dripping from her forehead and she sighed in exhaustion. I paused there, Mother stopped and turned her head in my direction looking at me in confusion. "What happened Daughter, why did you stop?" she questioned in her motherly voice. Everyone stopped as well and looked at me in puzzlement. "Just a second" I said looking around and saw an old tree with dry branches. I pulled my hand forward and made a  sedan (Paalki) from my mind in front of my eyes. I joined my hand together and bowed in front of the old tree who helped me. With the power of my mind, the tree started changing back to his old self with new leaves and green branches. I smiled as the trees shook his leaves in the form of gratitude.

I turned towards my family who looked at me in astonishment, "Mother is tired, she can not walk anymore, so I made this for her" I said gesturing towards the sedan. Mother walked towards me and pulled me into a hug. "How come I got so lucky by having you as my daughter" she said smiling, I shook my head "I am the lucky one here, Mother" I responded and she chuckled.

"We all are lucky to have both of you with us" Brother Yudhishthira said smiling.

"Come on Mother, lets sit on the sedan" Brother Bhima said pulling the sedan forward. Mother sat on it and Arya, Nakula, Sahadev, Brother Yudhishthira took each corner of the sedan and put them on their shoulder moving forward. We resumed our journey again. Just then we heard crying from the other side, Brother Bhima went to check on it as we stopped in our track. We waited for Brother Bhima to return but he didn't come back. "We should go and check on him" Mother said worried, we nodded our head and moved in the direction where Brother Bhima went. When we reached there, we saw he was conversing with Maharishi Ved Vyasa. Mother looked at him astound, smile making its way on her face, she touched his feet and greeted him. One by one we touched his feet in greeting gesture, he gave us his blessings.

"Sit down, you must have been tired from your journey" he said, gesturing towards the mat on the ground, we took our seat and waited for him to speak. "I knew it that Varnavrat fire can not kill your family" he said calmly, we looked at each other in surprise.

"But Maharishi we want whole world to think that we died in that fire" Brother Yudhishthira said, it is our Mother wish to stay hidden and we will do the same no matter what. "Was our decision wrong? Maharishi" Mother asked, Maharishi Vyasa smiled "Human always have a false believe that he is the one who take every decision in his life but in reality it is all fate" he said knowingly.

"The decision you have made is right but it will soon turn inappropriate" he continued, I raised my eyebrow at his words. Everything happen for a reason and we have to wait for the reason to appear in front of us.

"Meaning, Maharishi?" Arya asked in confusion.

"I believe that you will get your answers in King Drupada's city, son" he said giving him his divine smile. I remember my dream, the girl whom I have been dreaming about. I will get my answer as well. "Tomorrow, after your departure from here, do rest in Kampilya" he said with a small smile.

***

In early morning, we bid farewell to Maharishi, I went towards him and touched his feet to get his blessings "May you fulfill your duty" he said putting his hand on my head. I nodded my head and about to leave when he called me from behind, I turned my head in confusion "Whatever coming in future, remember one thing daughter, it was fate and you can not run away from it" he said in cryptic voice. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion, he gave me a soft smile as I walked away from there towards my family who were waiting for me. We reached Kampilya shortly after, staring at the city below us from the cliff. It looks there is some kind of festival here as the whole place looked lively.