Chapter 13

Prakriti P.O.V

I was walking along the shore of ocean in Dwarka, this site has a special place in my heart, whenever I am in deep thoughts and want my mind at peace, I come to this place, it hold lots of memories since I was a child. Children were playing around with the ball, I could see my brother Krishna among them, a smile pulled on my face when I looked at my brother who was becoming child with children of Dwarka. My brother is great at everything. Then my eyes moved past brother and I stared at Prince Dhuryohdhan who was standing a bit far away with Gandhara King and his brother Dushasana who were looking at my brother in distaste. I started walking towards them, my saree moving behind me with a grace. When I reached near them, their eyes went towards me. I joined my hands in greeting gesture "Pranam" I said standing before them. Gandhara King chuckled nervously and gave me blessing while the two brother stood there with straight face, I could detect a little smile on Prince Dhuryohdhan face by my presence.
"Can I ask your purpose of visit in Dwarka?" I questioned with raised eyebrow, Gandhara King doesn't go anywhere without purpose, what does he want from Dwarka now. King Shakuni started smiling his cunning smile giving his nephew a glance. "Your brother Balram invited us for the mace competition, you see, he is my Duryodhana's teacher" he responded smiling. I nodded and gave them a smile, as much as I dislike them, they are part of our family.

"How was your exile?" Prince Dhuryohdhan asked, I turned my gaze at him and gave him pleasant smile, "The time was great which I have spent with my loved one's" I replied, I know they have every news about us, after all they were keeping track on us to see if we are getting an upper hand or not, still uncomfortable after getting the whole Hastinapur for themselves. Gandhara King opened his mouth to say something but before he could, an arrow swiped past him and embedded into the tree behind them. He looked startled and started to look around for the archer who shoot the arrow. I smiled as I looked at the familiar arrow.

"Who was it?" Prince Dhuryohdhan asked annoyed, looking around. I chuckled and turned myself around and looked at my son who was standing in front of me with a mischief smile on his face. I gestured him to move towards me, he nodded and bowed his head in front of me, coming near. I turned back and we both looked at the people in front of us who looked flabbergasted staring at my son with their mouth open. My son put his hands together and greeted them all. "He is Prince Arjuna and my son, Abhimanyu" I said proudly, even at this young age, I am proud of my son, he loves nature just like me, attentive and focused just like his father, he is combination of both. 

They looked at my son with criticizing eyes "Why are you learning archery at such young age son, doesn't your parents let you live your childhood?" Prince Dhuryohdhan asked in a taunting tone, I frowned but let my son handle it. My son looked straight in his eyes and gave him a smile "Elder Uncle, the archery which you have seen is in my veins, I don't need to learn it and my parents are the best in the world, no one can get a better parents like them" he said in his sweet voice, my heart puffed with satisfaction hearing my son's word for us. I put my palm on his head and ruffled his hair in affection, he looked at me smiling and I returned the smile. Gandhara King scoffed lowly, I frowned and looked at him raising my eye brow "Do you want to say anything, King Shakuni?" I asked him, he quickly shook his head "Your son is just like your mirror image" he chuckled, I internally rolled my eyes but on the outside I smiled at him "Thank you but he is more like his father" I said and pulled my son in my arms "What are you doing here, dear?" I asked him sweetly putting my hand on his cheek and removing the dirt, he was playing in the sand. "Father is searching for you" he said looking in the direction of our home. I nodded my head and turned my head towards the visitors and bowed my head "I am taking my leave now" I said, they nodded their head, before walking away I looked at them one last time "When we will meet next time, it will be time of our Raj Suya yagya" I said, Gandhara King face fell and Prince Dhuryohdhan looked angry while Dushasana stared at me with clenched jaw. With one last smile, I walked away from there leaving them fuming behind.