𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 [ kanima. ]

A/N: Notice how long this chapter is. BUT it's important. Super hella important. We're nearing the end of Act Two rapidly now and act three is going to totally mess with you, I swear to god. So, for now, revel in your action scenes, Buffy fan service, and huge bit of fluff! 

Psst, also, don't forget to visit the my official wattpad tumblr~!  Follow me @anarchxst! There's a poster for ACT 3 and it's only mildly spoilerific! 

Anyway, enjoy!

Song Recommendation ["Compass" - Zella Day]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

When the world ends, what memory do you want to keep?

☽ † ☾

The cracking sound her shoulder made when she rolled it made Buffy grimace for a second

The cracking sound her shoulder made when she rolled it made Buffy grimace for a second. She knew she should've stretched before heading out for patrol.

Her heels clicked rhythmically as she descended the stairs, passing a few younger girls on the way. They smiled brightly and greeted her, which she replied with a quick, chaste smile of her own. Tonight was definitely not a stellar night to begin with and it showed clearly on the blonde's face; the last thing she was up for was small talk with the mini slayers.

Not really mini, actually. Lots of them were taller than her. She exhaled loudly and set her scythe down on the metal table by the stairs.

The room was darker than usual as the only source of light came from the other side, which was only the soft blue glow of computer monitors. At the largest computer was a girl with loosely tied up hair whose head was propped up in her hand. A few seats away, leaning far too much in the chair he was in, was a man whose head was slumped over to the side. Buffy rolled her eyes and felt around on the cool, off-white wall until she found the light switch, flicking it on.

"Rise and..." This didn't seem to stir either of them as the blonde thirty-something strolled over to the monitors. As she thought, there was Dawn passed out on one side and Xander with the very same issue on the other. It wasn't even that late at night. Of course, this was the price of pulling an all-nighter on research so she couldn't fault them for it. Buffy's lips pursed for a mildly annoyed moment and she grumbled out, "...shine."

The slayer's equally tired green eyes passed from the two slumbering scoobies to Dawn's computer screen. Usually, she liked to keep away from unnecessary research – and, honestly, that's why she had a whole team of watchers, right? In her fatigue, though, she found herself a bit curious.

The black background of the page that looked like it had been scanned right out of the watcher's diaries had only three things: a picture that took up half the screen, tiny, white (and blurry at the moment) text, and a title. Kanima.