𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 [ rescue. ]

Song Recommendation ["Running Up That Hill (cover)" - Meg Myers]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Maybe the cruelest villains are the ones who see the carnage of reality and decide to close their eyes.

☽ † ☾

Eight Years Ago

Eight Years Ago

"God, stop crying!" a girl with a shadowed face shouted, shoving Maddie into the wall with some force.

Madeline's wails grew louder as her head and back hit the stone behind her. Her head throbbed as she shielded her face with her forearms and slid down the wall to the ground.

Eight. She was only eight when everything fell apart. Alone in a foreign country, far away from her brother and her parents, Maddie did nothing but cry.

By the third day in Scotland, one girl already targeted her, and a group of them swarmed her daily. Not all of them were attacking her, though. No, only a handful we're okay with beating her down.

The rest? Well, they simply watched.

They could probably tell. No matter where she was or what she was, she wore her weakness likes an open wound, and they would always come for her.

A girl with a hard face and wild, blonde hair separated herself from the shadowed faces and glinting eyes. Brighter than them, somehow, like the girls at school with the nice backpacks and newer clothes. Bright and harsh, like a spotlight.

The blonde sneered as she approached. She stopped to examine Maddie, and gave a sharp kick to her shin.

"All week, we've had to listen to your stupid cryin' and whinin'." She roughly grabbed the little girl's forearm and pried it from the girl's face to look her dead in the eye. "You're a slayer just like the rest of us. You don't get special treatment just cause everyone feels bad for you."

Another girl slapped the side of her head and Maddie choked out a loud sob as she absorbed the blinding pain.

"I..." she began as her voice quivered. "I just..."

Another sob racked her chest as tears continued to stream down her cheeks.

"I wanna go home."

It was more a blubbering mumble, unintelligible.

The blonde girl heard it, though. She must've. The grip on her arm tightened and she felt the pressure done to the bone. The girl gave her a mocking pout.

"You wanna go home?" She drew out the question with a high pitched tone, pouting her thin lips. When Maddie nodded, the grip got tighter and the girl laughed - but it was something vicious and bitter laugh. When she spoke, it was sugary sweet venom. "You're never going home. Never."