𝐬𝐢𝐱 [ honest. ]

Song Recommendation ["Ordinary World (cover)" - Joy Williams]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Looking back, it wasn't because you lied to her.
The worst parts happened when you became the lie.

☽ † ☾

These people are idiots

This, of course, was something Madeline was now completely sure of. Perhaps not in a book sense, as she was now at the front of the Chemistry classroom watching Lydia make – what did she say? A self-igniting Molotov Cocktail? That in itself was a fairly incredible feat and something she wouldn't expect from anyone with a high school level education. Scott had decided to go get the janitor's keys so they could make a hasty escape. No, no, this group almost was working like a well-oiled machine – granted it was a well-oiled machine that clearly lacked common sense and happened to be in a constant state of denial. She vaguely wondered the damage these teens could do if they actually knew all the horrible realities of the town they lived in. That, in itself, was a frightening thought. She shook her head and leaned against the chalkboard.

Scott, in his ability to effortlessly sprint over the line between bravery and idiocy, had resolved to go face to face with the 'serial killer'. Because that makes total sense - if we're in a slasher movie and Scott's supposed to die next. It was an unfathomable level of stupid, which she considered herself an expert on these days. It wasn't like she hadn't just went face to face with an Alpha werewolf with no information or team or weapon; hell, it wasn't like she didn't typically run headlong into bad situations. Still, at least she had superpowers. What the hell did Scott have?

Several feet away, Scott and Stiles kept looking over at her and whispering. She was in too much pain to bother focusing on what they might've been saying. She watched Scott clearly sniff the air which brought new questions, such as: Why didn't anyone else notice something as weird as their friend sniffing the air? 

Lydia gently mixed the components and plugged the beaker with a cork, handing it off to Scott. Madeline stared at the mixture, uncertainty and anxiety prodding at her. 

"You shouldn't go out there," she said, her voice stern and having a certain level of authority behind it. She nearly sounded like Buffy for a second, which only made her more irritated.

"She's right, this is insane," Allison spoke up, pain plaguing her gaze as she looked at her boyfriend. "You can't do this. You cannot go out there."

"We can't just wait here for Stiles to have to check his messages," Scott argued, mirroring her stare.

Allison looked utterly horrified. "You could die. Don't you get that? He's killed three people."

"And we're next. Somebody has to do something." Scott backed away from the desk and towards the door.