𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 [ apocalypse, part one ]

A/N: So, as it turns out, horror and anything legit creepy isn't easy to write.

Non-Buffy fans: You don't need to know any of the cameos mentioned. You're meeting them at the same time Maddie is. Everything you need to know gone over.

Also, there are a total of four (technically) cameos from Buffy characters, but no  one that needs to be known prior. I apologize for the feels, Buffy fans. Oh, and that's a real quote that Lydia's going over in the first part. I'll link the quote at the bottom of the chapter. Enjoy!  

Song Recommendation ["I've Got Friends" - Manchester Orchestra]

NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

  ☽ † ☾   

It was too early to be awake, but awake was the only thing Maddie could even imagine being

It was too early to be awake, but awake was the only thing Maddie could even imagine being. She slept all day at Lydia's and her ribs were healing nicely, even if it was a bit slower than normal. Her calf didn't hurt much at all to stand on - then again, walking or running would be entirely different situations. Not that she was walking or running or anything like that now; she sat in the passenger seat of the jeep as Stiles asked question after question while driving down the highway. She couldn't help but wonder how he got away with simply leaving town, then again it was Saturday night - or Sunday morning, however you wanted to look at it - and his dad probably wouldn't be up until at least sunrise, when Stiles would no doubt get in a monumental amount of trouble. She read the clock on the radio, the only light inside the car. 2:38 AM.

Peter said that it was  nearly a two hour drive to Sunnydale, not that he was going. He outright refused. Whatever was down there frightened him so badly that he couldn't bear going back. 

"What do you mean you're not going?" Maddie asked Peter hours ago. Scott had been in the process of talking to Derek over the phone - Derek, who apparently already knew Peter was alive.

"I'm not squeezing into that piece of junk with a bunch of clueless teenagers is what I mean."

Maddie paused and shrugged her shoulders. "Okay. Now what's the real reason?"

Peter's eyes narrowed on Maddie, but she didn't flinch. She hadn't been afraid of Peter Hale since he didn't take the chance to kill her when he could on the night he died. Even when she was powerless, he was no threat. His voice lowered. "You really don't get it. That town had a century or so's worth of monsters much less forgiving than me who were looking to massacre every human being on the face of the planet. Death doesn't destroy energy like that - just pisses it off."

That being said, he had no qualms sending the others off to their respective deaths, which wasn't surprising in the least. On the other side of things, Maddie wasn't so lucky to get away from their other unwanted ally. Her eyes went to the side mirror and she spotted Sadie staring back at her already from the backseat, smiling like only the worst kid in class would to a substitute teacher.