𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 [ deja vu. ]

Song Recommendation ["The Great Escape" - We Are Scientists]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Keep calm. Pretend you know what you're doing.

☽ † ☾

"Really? Damn

"Really? Damn." A short, mirthless laugh escaped Kate's lips. "Those little girls know how to work quick, don't they?"

"And you're sure it was her?" Victoria asked, clutching the glass in her hand.

Chris flipped through the pages in the manila folder. They attached a cheaply copied picture to the sheet of paper. The girl wore a deep frown and a dull stare – a very different face than she wore for show earlier that day.

"Madeline Hayes. Sixteen." He threw the pages on the table in front of the two women. "It was her."

The redhead picked up the paper that had the photograph copied onto it, scanning the information before throwing it back down. "She should have checked in with us first before introducing herself to Allison."

"And ruin the element of surprise?" Kate chimed in with the same amount of malice etched in her voice. "We couldn't have that."

The graying man eyed his sister for a moment before turning to his wife. "Look, we wanted fast results and here she is. I don't like this any more than you do – "

"You sure about that, big brother?" Kate stood, now eye level with him. "Cause the way it's looking is you don't trust your family to get the job done, but you'll bring in a complete stranger."

"We have no reason to think the Council isn't on our side. Besides, it isn't the first time one of us has called on them for help, is it?"

Kate's nostrils flared and her jaw clenched as she glared at her brother. "Wake up, Chris. That was nine long years ago. We knew what we were up against."

"We? If I recall, nine years ago you were shouting about not wanting to be a part of this family." Chris's voice was growing louder the more his sister's comments needled him. "You had no idea what we were up against."

Kate folded her arms and laughed, her canines showing.

"You mean just like Allison?" At the mere mention, she saw a blaze of anger in Chris's eyes. Pleased with herself, her own gaze narrowed on the man. "Face it, you trust a bunch of demons over your own blood. If you haven't noticed, they're not kept on a leash anymore. The Council you knew died."

Victoria's glass slammed down on the tabletop, calling both hunters' attention. There was a pause as the woman stared down at her drink, her stare distant and murky. She drew in a shaky breath and raised her eyes to her husband. "I would like to meet this girl by the end of the week if you insist she spend time with our daughter."