𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 [ unveiled. ]

Song Recommendation ["Who Are You Really?" - Mikky Ekko]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Never let them see your face; it's the first thing they'll use against you.

☽ † ☾

The weekend left just as soon as it came and, before she knew it, Madeline found herself in the halls of Beacon Hills High School

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The weekend left just as soon as it came and, before she knew it, Madeline found herself in the halls of Beacon Hills High School. The day had hardly even begun when she had been begrudgingly excused from her Chemistry class during their test. Instead, he'd ordered her to sit in the hall outside of the room to read the next chapter in their textbook and take notes – something he assured her that she would indeed be graded for. 

This would've been a completely uninteresting turn of events if not for the fact that she nearly jumped out of her skin when Scott came bursting out of the room and down the hall, dropping his bag and nearly tripping over her. Stiles - who followed only seconds later - actually did trip over her though, just barely regaining his footing. He quickly looked over at her, revealing the very distraught expression clearly on his face. His eyes widened when he saw her and he looked like he was about to explain – explain what, she had no idea. Instead he looked forward again, finding his friend's bag. He then ran off in Scott's direction and out of sight - and that was only that morning.

By lunch, in which she ended up sitting with Allison and – of all people – Jackson, listening quietly and nodding when she had to. Jackson somehow managed to be kind and charming while still cutting her out of the conversation whenever she did manage to say something. It was quite the skill. It wasn't that she didn't like him, really – no, wait, it actually was. Something about how he carried himself and spoke to people was unnerving. There was a smooth, confident quality to his voice  – which is what she assumed drew in the girls fawning over him. Or maybe all those high school movies were right? 

Either way, that would at least explain the awkward touching with him and Allison. It was uncomfortable to watch, to say the least. Like watching a predator stalk its prey.

That wasn't the weirdest part of the day though. The weirdest part began after school after she saw Allison leave with her aunt. It was even after she followed a group of kids down to the lacrosse field. She watched in shock and curiosity as Scott proceeded to almost immediately kip up after what looked like a fairly bad injury, following this up with taking out the goalie. 

Now, she had no idea how lacrosse was played – team sports in general weren't a common topic at HQ  – but she was sure that was not part of it.

It was a bit odd to say the least, having seen this same person storming out of class and now injuring a fellow student – who, according to the whispering girls in front of her was one of the nicest people in school. Maybe this was about Allison breaking up with him; maybe it was connected to why he'd been in a school at night. Either way, she was beginning to think that this Scott McCall guy needed to be watched closely.