𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 [ good and evil. ]

Song Recommendation ["People Are People" - A Perfect Circle]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

And again, from the top.

☽ † ☾

I feel like I need to get a few things straight

Number one: Scott and Stiles were not my friends.

Number two: I didn't want any friends.

Number three: Something inside me was compelled to keep Scott's secret from the Argents for a little longer.

-------------

Knock, knock, knock.

"Mrmph," Maddie grumbled and rolled over, squeezing her pillow tighter and scowling. A minute or five or ten passed. Probably not that long, but she was hardly awake enough to know the difference.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. "Maddie!"

Her eye cracked open, working hard to focus. As the door came into view, she heard the distinct sound of voices outside – annoyed voices at that. Her mouth stretched open in a yawn as she slowly sat up and cracked her neck. Again there was a loud knock at the door. She huffed and shouted back, "Hold on!"

As her feet met with the old carpet, she adjusted her gray pajama pants and navy tank top discreetly. She imagined this did nothing to fix the state of her bed hair or dark circles but didn't seem to care as she opened the door. On the other side, she found a very impatient Stiles and curious-looking Scott. She gave them both a flat stare. "What?"

"We agreed to meet up today, remember?" Stiles asked, rolling his eyes.

Without missing a beat, Scott added, "You live in a motel room?"

"One: I didn't think you were serious," she said, moving her eyes from Stiles to Scott. "Two: Yes. Now go away."

She was about to close the door when Scott stopped her with his foot. "We need your help."

Maddie put in some serious thought about attempting to crush his foot to close the door but, after a few more seconds, her better judgment seemed to stop her. She wasn't here to help them – if anything, she still had to report in that she found the two betas. She didn't have time for this. "...With what?"

The boys exchanged worried glance before Scott let out a sigh. "The Argents think someone else is a beta who isn't a beta. They might be in trouble."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Who?"

"Just...get ready. We'll fill you in on the way," Stiles replied, looking a bit exasperated.