𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

Song Recommendations ["When the Man Comes Around" - Johnny Cash

"Gary Heidnik" - SKYND feat. Jonathan Davis

"Big Bad Wolf" - In This Moment ]

NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

"And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder

One of the four beasts saying,

'Come and see.' and I saw, and behold a white horse"

Sadie hated running. The whole thing. She hated physical exertion in general, but running was the worst. Burning turned to aching and what was the point when she still had her super strength? That's why it was so much better to teleport, but she couldn't exactly do that without her beloved and sorely missed amulet. She'd kick D'Hoffryn in the shin if it didn't mean she'd lose any chance of getting it back.

Still, Sadie ran. She rocked her best work out wear and jogged around the block a few times, if for nothing else to catch the eye of the girl she spotted walking her dog and smiling at her. Sure, yes, she hated physical exertion but considering the sheer amount of cute girls in this town, odds had to at least be sort of in her favor to find a few that also enjoyed the company of other cute girls. Besides, she could tune out the world with her favorite Pandora stations and forget about the absolute failure she suffered.

Allison, her father, and Max left town together.

Madeline Hayes went back to San Francisco.

And Sadie was still here.

There's a man goin' 'round takin' names

And he decides who to free and who to blame

Everybody won't be treated all the same

She focused on the beat of the song and tried to match her pace to it as she rounded the corner and passed the same girl from before. Her dog, long haired and short legged with fur speckled black on a gray and white coat, growled at her for the third time, its heterochromatic one blue eye bright in the dim light. She made a 'hm' noise and thought about the old man's eye in The Tell-Tale Heart. A ghostly pale watercolor. She didn't look at the girl this time, mostly because there was another girl there with her. They held each other like it was ages since they'd last touched.

She shot a warning glance to the dog as it started yipping at her aggressively. Sadie refocused her gaze ahead as bitter annoyance gnawed at her insides.

She was sweaty and her hair stuck to her face and neck. She probably smelled.

There'll be a golden ladder reachin' down