𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 [ fight or flight. ]

Song Recommendation ["Heaven Knows" - The Pretty Reckless]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

When the dominoes begin to fall, let them know you struck the first one.

☽ † ☾

An Alpha

An Alpha.

An Alpha werewolf on her first day. Oh, but not just any alpha, an alpha that looked like it stepped directly out of a monster movie.

As soon as Maddie was far enough away, she pulled out a compact crossbow. As she loaded a bolt, she began walking softly and swiftly down the empty corridor, accompanied by nothing but the silence. It was strange; she was sure by that point she could have been able to hear something. She'd headed the right way, didn't she? The slayer stopped in her tracks, pressing close to the lockers that lined the hallway as she listened.

Nothing. The corners of her lips tugged downward in a small frown.

She nearly moved to walk forward again when a noise finally caught her attention. Footsteps? No. It was a clicking - several tiny clicks over and over again. Almost like... Her breath hitched in her throat as she felt her blood turn to ice in her veins. It sounded almost like paws on the linoleum tiles. As the clicks grew louder, something else joined it - heavy breathing. Maddie's index finger twitched slightly on the trigger of the crossbow.

The sounds were now loud enough for the creature to be right around the corner when the clicking on the tiles stopped altogether. It was sniffing; she heard it. It would find her if she didn't move, if she didn't do something. Steeling herself, she quickly turned the corner and pointed her weapon straight ahead.

Again, nothing.

The hall in front of her was vacant, like all the others. It had vanished - or perhaps it hadn't been there at all. No. No, I heard it! She spun around, her weapon at the ready but still she found nothing. It hadn't passed by; she would've seen it. The only logical answer left her frozen where she stood in fear. It knew she had been there. Doing her best to ward off the uneasy feeling in her stomach, she lowered her weapon back to her side and continued on in silence.

Maddie had only started walking again when she heard something that made her go slightly paler than seeing the wolf; she heard a voice.

"Scott?!"

It wasn't just any voice either; it was a voice she'd been hearing for a decent chunk of the day. She took a deep breath and put away her crossbow, running in the direction of the voice as quickly as she could. She bounded around another corner and withheld a groan as she was met with the sight of the somewhat familiar brunette. "Allison?!"

Allison turned in Maddie's direction with an equally shocked expression on her face.

"Maddie! What are you doing here? Were you the one who left the door open?" Panic rose in her voice as she spoke and tightly clutched her phone in her hand. "Have you seen Scott?"