𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 [ the pack. ]

A/N: The second to last chapter before we hit ACT 3~! Enjoy!

Song Recommendation ["Friends & Demons" - Priory]

NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

Oh, the villainy.

☽ † ☾

He hummed.

It was a low, hypnotic tune that hung in the air and echoed from the bare, windowless walls for hours upon hours. Bodies would pass the threshold, but, upon hearing this, moved on quickly. Some even stumbled over themselves as they attempted to scramble away. They knew better than to disturb him.

A thick, dirt-encrusted finger drew in the thick layer of dirt atop the floorboards. It had been a solid day and night since he had returned from his journey to the faceless deity he and his children called 'the mother'. He had beckoned her for guidance. He had sought her out for the answer to a most dangerous question: was there really a Slayer, a murderer of their kind, mere miles away from their home, in the Beacon?

The moment he had returned, he had been muttering to himself so quickly and so softly that no one could catch a word of it. His dark hair became a curtain over his round face and he paced for the first several hours. Sometimes, he would begin shouting as his followers cowered away from him.

Now, his unsteady, plump finger glided through the dirt and his eyes widened so large that his bright blue irises seemed to shine in the dark. He knew. He knew what he was being shown

The hummed broke in his throat, gurgling out into soft laughter. A grin stretched across his face, showing yellowed teeth. His laugher only became louder as it bounced off of the walls and tumbled through the halls, mimmicking his glee.

A small, thin boy with a mangled face poked his head through the open doorway and the interruption was caught in the very next second. The large mass of a man stood, his tattooed arms and black slacks caked with dirt. "Brother Mathias, bring to me...Sister Lilith." The boy had already sprinted away as he muttered out, "...it seems that we've finally been shown the way."

+

Once they finally stopped came to an abrupt halt, Maddie found herself in a dark office, surrounded by Scott, Stiles, and Allison who all looked panicked and jittery. The slayer's eyes scanned the three faced in front of her, her own concern spiking. "What? What's going on?"

There was a prolonged silence that passed between all four of them. Allison was keeping her vision focused on the desk to her right while Stiles looked as if he had the words on the tip of his tongue but couldn't seem to saying even one. Scott was the one who finally looked over at Maddie and muttered, "She passed Derek's test."

Maddie's jaw clenched and she exhaled a deep breath. That was when Stiles finally managed to speak again. "But we don't even know if the test proved anything, okay?"

"Right," Allison agreed, although her voice wavered. "It's just a theory he came up with. It doesn't mean anything."

"I know, okay?" She narrowed her gaze on Scott, then on Stiles. "I know. God, it wasn't like I was just going to go with Derek's word on it..."

"Look, we don't have time to argue." Scott looked from Maddie to Allison. "Derek's waiting for Lydia outside."

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked.