𝐭𝐞𝐧 [ emergencies. ]

Song Recommendation ["Run Boy Run" - Woodkid]
NOTE: For the full experience, I do personally suggest seeking out each song rec.

☽ † ☾

The sun set and we knew the world would look different on the other side of the long night.

☽ † ☾

Of course she didn't find them

Of course she didn't find them. Hours passed since lunch and now Maddie found herself leaving her last class of the day.

She was antsy and not entirely sure if she was supposed to meet someone somewhere due to this...shopping trip, but it was a safe bet that she would run into one of the people she knew before she left the school. She was hoping it'd be the boys she tried to track down all day. They'd both managed to evade her thus far and it was irritating to say the least. Even in the classes they shared, they managed to grab seats as far away from her as humanly possible. It was a fair reaction, considering she'd blatantly attacked their werewolf friend after all. Still, it was getting infuriating.

She walked down the crowded halls, hoping to find something – what that something was, she didn't know yet. Anything, really. A lead, a fight, an escape from this afternoon's plans.

As she walked, she found her eyes gravitating toward a couple in the center of the corridor. She groaned, recognizing Jackson and Lydia almost immediately.

It had hardly been past a week and she knew them on site and that almost scared her a bit. This was not how she thought her week – let alone her mission – would go thus far. Her pace slowed as their voices became clearer, tense and shrill. She wanted to turn around and bolt down the hall in the opposite direction and even hesitated as she continued forward.

"Dumping, actually. I'm dumping you." Jackson's voice was light and airy as he spoke, a smirk resting on his face.

Maddie froze at the words and began debating if it was too late to turn around.

Lydia grabbed his leather jacket and pulled him back. Her face struggled to remain stoic as she looked him dead in the eye.

"Dumped by the co-captain of the lacrosse team," she said, her voice thinning. Maddie noticed the look in her eyes betrayed her expression and her words, a less restrained reaction than even the other night at the school. It was jarring how well she understood the expression on Lydia's face and shook the feeling away. "I wonder how many minutes it'll take me to get over that."

Jackson smiled with an infuriating ease and shrugged her hand off, walking past Maddie who was just carefully making her way over.

Lydia's stare was ablaze as she shouted after him, "No, wait, seconds! Seconds!"

As Maddie stopped, Lydia looked around, as if to see if anyone caught her blowing a gasket. That's when her eyes focused on Maddie, who was almost right next to her at that point and giving Lydia an expectant look.